Need help quick! Brownie mix calls for 2 eggs, what will happen if I only put one in? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need help quick! Brownie mix calls for 2 eggs, what will happen if I only put one in?

Last post Jul 09, 2005 10:09 AM by princessRN . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Need help quick! Brownie mix calls for 2 eggs, what will happen if I only put one in?
    How stupid of me! Has anyone ever done this?
    False
  • RE: Need help quick! Brownie mix calls for 2 eggs, what will happen if I only put one in?
    I would just add some more liquid - measure what the one egg is and just add that much more liquid. I'm sure there are some other ideas out there but that would be my suggestion in a hurry. I know you can use soy flour mixed with water as an egg substitute but Most people do not keep soy flour around the house.
    I would probably use sour cream or plain yogurt to substitute for the egg as it would add a bit of "richness".

Tria
    False
    Tria
  • RE: Need help quick! Brownie mix calls for 2 eggs, what will happen if I only put one in?
    I found this on a website:

ONE (1) egg equals any one of the following:

2 Tbs. flour
    ½ tsp. oil
    ½ tsp. baking powder
    2 Tbs. liquid

2 Tbs. water
    1 Tbs. oil
    ½ tsp. baking powder

1 Tbs. flaxseed* (ground in coffee mill)
    3 Tbs. warm water

1 Tbs. gelatin or fruit pectin
    3 Tbs. warm water

Yogurt, mashed banana, applesauce, pumpkin, or other pureed fruit or vegetables are good replacements for eggs in muffins or cakes.

To replace eggs in casseroles, burgers, or loaves try mashed vegetables, tahini, (sesame seed butter) nut butters or rolled oats.

* Flaxseed is a wonderful source of Biomega Three Fatty acids that our bodies need and usually don’t get enough of.

False
    You need to add some liquid of some sort to make up for the egg, like Tria said. 1/4 cup will equal one average egg. If you have Egg Beaters, you cnn use that. 1/4 Cup of egg beaters equals the one egg. You could use milk or water, otherwise the brownie's will be on the dry side.

Lou
    False
    Thank You!!!

Gina
    False