Marie Callender's Sour Cream and Blueberry Pie | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Marie Callender's Sour Cream and Blueberry Pie

Last post Aug 01, 2005 7:08 AM by HDMac_WA . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Marie Callender's Sour Cream and Blueberry Pie

I found this copycat recipe a while back and saved it because I love the pies at Marie Callender's. I did a few searches to see if this has been posted here before and I didn't find it. I have not tried this...I just thought others might enjoy it. 'Tis the season for blueberries. :) I found this at recipeview.com.

Marie Callender's Sour Cream And Blueberry Pie

1 baked and cooled 9" pie shell

FILLING:

1 15 oz. can blueberries in heavy syrup, drained, blueberries in one bowl, juice in another bowl
    1 1/2 c. water
    1 c. Delicious apple, diced in pea-size pieces (I'm assuming they mean Golden Delicious, but I'm not sure)
    1/4 t. salt
    3 T. cornstarch
    1/4 c. water
    3/4 c. sugar
    1/2 t. lemon juice
    1/4 t. cinnamon

TOPPING:

1 c. sour cream
    1 t. vanilla
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 T. cream cheese
    1/2 t. Knox unflavored gelatin
    2 T. cold water

In a 2-quart saucepan, combine diced apples with water, sugar and salt over medium heat until apples are done but not mushy, about 10 minutes.

While apples are cooking, mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and stir to dissolve cornstarch. When apples are done, add lemon juice and juice from drained berries; cook and stir until blended. While stirring on medium heat, add dissolved cornstarch slowly and stir constantly until thickened. Add berries and cinnamon; mix through. Remove from heat and cool before placing into cooled pie shell. Chill thoroughly.

Topping: Dissolve gelatin in 2 tablespoons water and set aside. Mix the sour cream, sugar, cream cheese and a dash of salt in a saucepan. Heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved and everything is thoroughly combined. Stir, being careful that the mixture does not burn or dry out. When blended and smooth, stir in vanilla. Gradually add softened gelatin until mixture has consistency of soft pudding; remove from heat. Cool slightly. Smooth warm topping over the blueberries; chill. May be garnished with whipped cream.
    False
  • RE: Marie Callender's Sour Cream and Blueberry Pie
    bump for Star to see
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

Yum, sounds really great. Thank-you P.C.! I just bought 5 pts of blueberries too.
    Jill
    False

You're welcome, Jill. Enjoy that bounty of berries! :)
    False

Star,
    I haven't had a blueberry-sour cream pie before but I think it would be heavenly. :) I was thinking of sugaring some fresh berries and letting them sit until they develop their own syrup...Maybe substituting them for the canned berries in this recipe. I'm wondering how well that would work?
    I think of you when I see blueberry recipes now! You are the hands-down blueberry queen. :)
    Take care!
    Elaine
    False

Hi Star!

I couldn't sleep so I signed on. I had mail from Reiman telling me you'd posted on the blueberry pie thread so I thought I'd mosey on over and see what's happening on the BB. :) I think I had too much iced tea this evening (and I tend to make it strong) so I'm WIDE awake. Not even a yawn in sight! LOL

If you wind up not reading this message, I will feel so silly! :O

False

Me, not a night owl usually. In bed by 10:30 (CDT), up by 5:00 most days. It seems that one or two nights a week I can't sleep and voila! Here I am, on recipe patrol.

False

I'll ride along as Tonto tonight. :)

False
    False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/ Christmas countdown banner

April Fools Day countdown banner