Quck & Easy Pudding Frosting | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Quck & Easy Pudding Frosting

Last post Sep 28, 2012 2:39 PM by candygirl82 . 28 replies.

Rate This

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 12
  • Quck & Easy Pudding Frosting
    This frosting was on a cake published in TOH. It's so easy, light, delicious and versatile, I thought I'd post it for anyone looking for this type of frosting. I know a lot of people don't care for heavy frostings, so this is perfect. Besides you can vary the flavors for all kinds of cake/frosting combinations.

EASY PUDDING FROSTING

1 CUP COLD MILK
    1 (SM.) PKG. INSTANT PUDDING MIX (ANY FLAVOR)
    1 (8 oz.) TUB COOL WHIP (THAWED)

BEAT MILK & PUDDING FOR 2 MINUTES. BEAT IN COOL WHIP. LET CHILL FOR 1 HOUR. SPREAD ON COOLED CAKE.
    False
  • RE: Quck & Easy Pudding Frosting
    LinnieG, how funny! I've used the exact same ingredients dozens of times to frost my homemade angel food cakes, but I didn't have a recipe for it. I just threw it all together! Great minds really must think alike!...Sue
    False
    This sounds so easy and I'm sure it would taste good. Thanks for sharing!
    False
    bump! Sounds quick and easy.
    Tria
    False
    Tria
    you can also make it with skim milk, SF/FF pudding mix and Cool Whip free and get a light one that is pretty good.
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

bumping for more people to see.
    False
    Thanks a bunch! I will have to try this frosting. It sounds yummy and it couldn't be more simple!
    NatalieB104
    False
    I have made this before too and it is good. Its even good with Cool WHip free and SF FF pudding mix
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

• Re: Quck & Easy Pudding Frosting

I think what surprised me most about this, aside from the taste, is the fact that it doesn't disintegrate after a couple of days.

I first used it over a week ago. There was one piece of cake that I left sitting on the counter for a week -

just to see how it would hold up. It still looked the same when I put it down the disposal yesterday.

This recipe is definitely a keeper! Thanks! 

False

I saw the recipe for pudding frosting. If you use pudding mix, milk and cool whip, don't you have to keep the cake and frosting in the refrigerator after frosting the cake? 

False
    This is such a versatile frosting, I have used it for years.   To make it more special, crush or chop up your favorite candy bar and sprinkle over the top.   YUM YUM   Butterfinger is my favorite.
    False

I would be sure to refrigerate due to the milk and cool whip.  I, too, have used sugar free pudding and light cool whip along with skim milk.  It is very good either way.  from an Indiana Hoosier

False

I have made this for years from a recipe on the cool whip tub.  I always add ¼ cup confectioners sugar to the pudding mix.  It's the best frosting...so light.  French vanilla pudding is wonderful on a dark chocolate cake. 

False

I had this recipe years ago and have forgotten about it.  Great icing!! Thanks

False

Welcome to all of you new members ~  Please stop by our welcome post and say hi to some other new members of the day ~    Janie   ~ 

Glad to have you join us ~  Please share some of your favorite recipes with us ~  sounds like you all are bakers ~   Again welcome  Coffee

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.