ISO: Otis Spunkmeyer Sugar/Butter Cookie Recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Otis Spunkmeyer Sugar/Butter Cookie Recipe

Last post Jan 21, 2006 1:13 PM by Heartshpdbox . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • ISO: Otis Spunkmeyer Sugar/Butter Cookie Recipe
    I love these sugar cookies. I found a copycat all-purpose recipe for Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, but they include brown sugar. I've never had a sugar/butter cookie that called for brown sugar.
    Are there any other recipes out there?
    Here's the recipe I have.

Otis Spunkmeyer
    1/2 cup Butter (1 stick)*
    1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening (Crisco Butter Flavor)*
    1 cup Brown sugar, Light, Packed
    1/2 cup Granulated (White) Sugar
    2 large Eggs
    3 tsp Vanilla extract

2 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
    2 tsp Baking Powder
    1 tsp Salt

2 cup Additive Chips (one 10-12 oz package)
    1 cup Chopped Walnuts (4 oz package - optional)

COMBINE flour and baking powder in a small bowl and mix with a whisk. Set aside.

MELT butter/shortening in a microwave oven (use a microwave safe mixing bowl or a glass measuring cup) stopping and stirring every 15 seconds. Stop when the butter is more of a paste (usually about 45-60 seconds). Pour over granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat well. Add each egg separately beating until creamy.

ADD flour mixture (1/2 cup at a time) while beating.

REFRIGERATE for 1-3 hours in covered bowl. Pre-heat oven to 375°F 15 minutes prior to first batch. Drop onto a waxed paper lined, room-temperature, air-bake cookie sheet in large rounded tablespoonful size (or small ice-cream scooper).

BAKE 10-12 minutes checking every two minutes after 8 minutes for golden brown appearance. Remove sheet from oven and let stand 5 minutes before transferring to a cool/flat surface. Rinse and dry cookie sheet between batches. Makes about [5] dozen cookies.
    False
  • RE: ISO: Otis Spunkmeyer Sugar/Butter Cookie Recipe
    Yum!! Thank you so much! I love Otis Spunkmeyer sugar cookies...I usually just buy the HUGE thing of it premade but this will save me some $$. I will try them soon and review them!! Thanks!!!! Kelley
    False
    Kelleyk_8, may I ask where you buy the dough premade? I'd love to get my hands on some! :) TIA!
    False
    This is the only clone I have seen. I can't see why you could just use granulated sugar. For the ones with the chocolate chips, I would use the brown sugar.

I am going to add to your post.

Holiday Spirit Cookies
    „h Allow Otis Spunkmeyer's Butter Sugar Cookie Dough to become tacky.
    „h Twist into green or red sprinkles or mix the green and red sprinkles together and then twist the dough in the sprinkles.

St. Patrick Day Cookies
    „h Simply twist Butter Sugar Cookie Dough into green sprinkles to create a treat even St. Paddy would love!

Otis Lemon Coolers
    „h Mix equal amounts of dry lemonade powder mix and powdered sugar. Put in sifter or shaker.
    „h Use Otis Spukmeyer Butter Sugar Cookie dough and bake as directed.
    „h AS SOON as cookies come out of the oven, shake or sift mixture generously over each cookie. Let cool and enjoy!

SnickerDoodles
    „h Blend equal parts of sugar and cinnamon. Roll cookie dough into the sugar/cinnamon. Bake as usual.
    False
    Just thought I'd let you know, I tried the Otis cookie recipe listed above, but only used white sugar instead of brown and they turned out great.
    False
    Thats for the post. I'll give it a try.
    False
    Hey HeartShaped Box....I actually got it at a catering place of some sort. A friend of mine owned a bakery and I just gave her the money to get it for me. I'm going to try this recipe and I'll let ya know if it is close as I have the premade dough in the fridge to 'try it out' against!!! Again, thanks for posting this yummy recipe!!!
    False
    Did anyone try these chocolate chip cookies?
    False
    I forgot about these! I am trying them this week!
    False
    Thanks.........
    False
    Please remember to post a review
    False
    bump
    False
    bump