SauerKraut-----freezing it | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

SauerKraut-----freezing it

Last post Jun 18, 2012 12:16 PM by bettybug . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • SauerKraut-----freezing it
    Can anyone tell me if and how you can freeze SauerKraut????? Thank You..
    False
  • RE: SauerKraut-----freezing it
    False
    Can I freeze sauerkraut?

Sauerkraut may be frozen. Pack it into moisture-vapor-proof containers, seal, label, and freeze. The product will be safe to use, but the quality will be different. Frozen sauerkraut may be stored for one year.

Barbara Willenberg, Nutritional Sciences, University of Missouri-Columbia.
    http://missourifamilies.org/quick/foodsafetyqa/qafs627.htm
    False

Sauerkraut freezes very well. I just freeze it in the package it comes in or just use the freezer bags.
    False
    There is no problem freezing sauerkraut. Do not drain it. I put mine in a freezer ziplock bag then just thaw when needed. I also freeze my leftover spareribs & sauerkraut.
    Tam
    False
    What is your recipe that you mix with to freeze kraut, we have always done it in jars .thank you.
    False
    I make my kraut in a 3 gallon crock. You can have the recipe if you like. When it is ready, I put it into Foodsaver pint or quart bags. I stand them upright on the freezer door for 24 hours, then vacuum seal.
    I used to can my kraut after making it, but this is way better. So easy and the taste is just like fresh.
    False

I would love to have you recipe. I have a new 5 gallon crock and can not wait to use it .

Bettybug

False