OT: How can I remove paint primer from my hands? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

OT: How can I remove paint primer from my hands?

Last post Sep 09, 2005 7:04 AM by MarylNC . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • OT: How can I remove paint primer from my hands?
    I was painting drywall with primer(summer project that DH "forgot" to do) and can't get the primer off my hands and skin!

The directions on the primer can said use soap and water and I have scrubbed my skin to no avail. The manufacturer is in CA and not open yet so I can't call them.

Any tips?

thanks so much!

Mary
    False
  • RE: OT: How can I remove paint primer from my hands?
    My Dad always used kerosene to get paint off. If you have any oil lamps, just put a little on a rag and then wash your hands. The kerosene will take it right off.

Sandi
    False
    If you have any Goop or Orange hand cleaner -- usually found in the automotive section for use after working on cars or in garage that usually works best for me. It will remove wood stain off my hands and dried paint most of of the time. Hope that helps. Nothing worse than running around with paint all over you -- happens to me every time I do a home project!
    Linda
    False
    Do you have any paint thinner or mineral spirits? Maybe even fingernail polish remover or acetone (main ingredient in fingernail polish remover.) Just a thought.
    False
    how about a little baby oil? Let it soak in a little; it should soften it up.
    bookworm78
    Cathy
    False
    Acetone is probably best, but very potent. Try GooGone or the old standby WD40. (DH tinks WD and DT [duct tape] make the world go around.) LOL Linda
    False
    Thank you all - I had some baby oil and with a bit of perserverance, it worked!

Mary
    False