Help Please Frozen pre-cooked Lobster | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Help Please Frozen pre-cooked Lobster

Last post Sep 23, 2005 9:01 PM by Kleines . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Help Please Frozen pre-cooked Lobster
    My husband came from Schnucks market with 3 frozen pre-cooked lobsters. No one could tell him how to fix them and I will be darned if I know. I know I was plenty upset that he paid $34 for 3 items we don't know how to get the best results with. Should I boil the lobsters or him???
    False
  • RE: Help Please Frozen pre-cooked Lobster
    I would boil him and possibly slowly steam the lobsters. I know there are others here who have much more experience but I always have good luck steaming precooked foods.
    False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields
    I have never seen frozen pre-cooked lobster, but I think I would defrost them and make a lot of lobster salad rolls. Maybe you could just defost one at a time and not have so much meat. If you try to steam or boil them after they have been cooked, they might get tough.

Don't boil your husband though, he meant well.
    False
    LUCKY YOU!!! I agree with HiOnLife. Before you start steaming get your BUTTER/lemon ready. Have your salad w/croutons and a rice pilaf good to go. Steam only until heated through. (steaming heats but doesn't draw out moisture, boiling draws out moisture and makes the meat tough). Enjoy....since you have 3 can I come over for leftovers???
    False
    Another way after you defrost is to lay them in a pan with melted butter and just heat through, it will only take a few minutes. We always do this or the steam method.

The only time I boil them is when they are fresh (alive)

either way you do this you will have a real treat, just remember the longer they cook the tougher they will be, and they really only need a few minutes to be fine.

Have fun!

Bronte
    False
    You people are the greatest. I told my husband you would have the answers for me. Thanks a million . Marie
    False