OT: Does anyone know how to get HAIR SPRAY buildup off the bathroom floor? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

OT: Does anyone know how to get HAIR SPRAY buildup off the bathroom floor?

Last post Sep 28, 2005 11:45 PM by daisy100 . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • OT: Does anyone know how to get HAIR SPRAY buildup off the bathroom floor?
    I mop the floor but it just doesn't seem to touch the hairspray that's built up on the vinyl floor in there. What will take it off? I've used bleach and lysol cleaner.
    False
  • RE: OT: Does anyone know how to get HAIR SPRAY buildup off the bathroom floor?
    I think vinegar helps take care of buid-up. Try it!

Josie
    False
  • RE: OT: Does anyone know how to get HAIR SPRAY buildup off the bathroom floor?
    just looked this up on the net for you.

Tip: Hairspray Build-Up Removal from Linoleum, Vinyl or Tile

To remove hairspray from your linoleum, vinyl or tile floor or wall, rub the area with a clean cloth sprayed with ammonia.
    False
    I use rubbing alcohol. Dependig on what kind of flooring you have. We have vinyl tiles so I just pour a little on and wipe with a paper towel then I wash the floor as usual. This also works on mirrors.
    False

I think all of the three options already listed should work well. I have personally used rubbing alcohol or vinegar and both worked.

Rubbing alcohol also works great on other surfaces where you might have hairspray build-up. A friend of mine couldn't really get her bathroom vanity to shine due to build-up and I told her to try alcohol. She did so and her vanity sparkled. Ordinary cleaners (Fantastic, Glass Plus, etc.) didn't really put a dent in it. Of course, vanity surfaces differ, so it might be good to check with the manufacturer.

Good luck! :)
    False
    Mop it with some strong ammonia water and it should take care of it. I make my family go outside to spray their hairspray for this very reason, not to mention the build up on the countertops, etc.
    False
    I use the Mr. Clean Sponge. It works great.
    False
    That was supposed to be the Mr. Clean Eraser!!!
    False
    Home & office cleaning is what I do:~). I use 409 for hairspray buildup and it works GREAT! Hope this helps. Lisa
    False
    I just got hairspray off my bathroom door with ammonia. (I have a small bathroom and the door is right behind me if I'm looking in the mirror, spraying my hair.)
    False
    "If I have ventured wrongly, very well, life then helps me with its penalty. But if I haven't ventured at all, who helps me then?"
    The Mr Clean sponge works wonders
    False
    Don't know if it will work but my parents use TSP, for many difficult jobs.
    Denise
    False
    What is TSP? I think I will try the alcohol tomorrow since I have it on hand. I bet 409 would work too. Once my ex husband decided to be cute and "autograph" the fridge with a permanent marker. 409 took it right off. Thanks for all the tips!
    False
    I use Mr Clean and have no problem on the tile floor -

daisy
    False
    I use Mr Clean and have no problem on the tile floor -

daisy
    False