Pork loin sirloin chop boneless? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Pork loin sirloin chop boneless?

Last post Oct 04, 2005 12:29 PM by 41974 . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Pork loin sirloin chop boneless?
    I have one pound, 2 boneless chops. Any suggestions? Tia , Bon
    False
  • RE: Pork loin sirloin chop boneless?
    ITALIAN RANCH CHICKEN (PORK OR ROUND STEAK) STRIPS

Serves: 2
    Source: LaDonna
    Effort: easy
    Comments: This is low fat with lots of flavor. This is also good with round steak (I do like to marinate the round steak overnight in the ranch dressing) and butterfly pork steaks.

INGREDIENTS:
    2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
    1/3 c. Light Ranch dressing
    1 t. water
    2 c. crushed corn flakes
    1 T. Italian seasoning
    1 t. garlic powder
    Non-stick cooking spray

INSTRUCTIONS:
    In a plate combine corn flake crumbs, Italian seasonings and garlic powder. In a separate plate combine ranch dressing and water.
    Roll chicken strips in dressing and then roll, coating well, in corn flake mixture. Arrange on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray. Lightly spray top of the chicken with the nonstick spray
    Bake at 400 for 30 minutes (this depends on the size of the chicken strips) or until they reach an internal temperature of 170º.

“Shoot for the moon. If you miss, you land among the stars”
    False
    ONE POT SLOW COOKED PORK LOIN

Effort: Easy
    Comments: I got this recipe originally from my good friend Dee. I did a little tweaking and this is what I came up. It is wonderful with some homemade hot rolls to mop up the gravy with.

INGREDIENTS:
    2 pork loin steaks
    Meat and vegetable garlic seasoning mix (recipe below)
    2 potatoes, peeled and quartered
    4 peeled carrots (if thick, slice in half)
    Salt & pepper to taste
    1 can (10.5) cream of mushroom soup
    1 soup can water
    1 pkg. (.87 oz.) brown gravy mix

INSTRUCTIONS:
    In a slow cooker add your meat. Season with the meat and vegetable garlic seasoning mix. Then add the potatoes and carrots. Salt and pepper to taster. Mix together the mushroom soup, can of water & brown gravy mix. Mix well. Then pour over ingredients, in the slow cooker. Put on high for one hour, then low for 3-4 hours. Or low if your going to be gone all day. If the soup mix isn’t thick enough, thicken with a little cornstarch mixed with cold water.

“A house is a home when it provides food and warmth for the soul as well as for the body”

MEAT AND VEGETABLE GARLIC SEASONING MIX

INGREDIENTS:
    2 T. garlic salt
    2 T. garlic powder
    2 T. onion powder
    2 T. salt

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Mix well and put in shaker bottle.

This is very good on meat and does wonderful things to vegetables.

Just sprinkle on and let cook in.

I like to put this on my meat the morning of or night before and let it marinate with this on it. It’s absolutely wonderful.

“A friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart”

False
    ORANGE PICANTE PORK CHOPS

Comments: I usually cook it more like 30 minutes or more. I like to make sure my pork is good and done. I also use an instant read thermometer to check for doneness. Pork is done at 170.

Ingredients:
    3/4 c. picante sauce
    1/4 c. orange juice
    1/4 t. garlic powder or 2 gloves garlic, minced
    2 boneless pork chops, 3/4" thick

Instructions:
    Mix picante sauce, orange juice & garlic powder in shallow nonmetallic dish.
    Add chops & turn to coat. Cover & refrigerate 1 hr., turning chops occasionally. (I marinated over night)
    Remove chops from marinade & place on lightly oiled grill rack over med.-hot coals, Grill uncovered 15 min. or until chops are no longer pink, turning & brushing often with marinate, if desired.

"Life is an echo. What you send out, you receive back. What you give, you get"
    False
    PORK & MUSHROOM STUFFING CASSEROLE

Comments: this recipe is easy to double, triple, however you need it. Jim likes his mushrooms chopped up instead of sliced, but that is just a personal preference. Published in Taste of Home Aug./Sept. 2005 pg. 53.
    As usual, they made some changes. I have their version printed below.

INGREDIENTS:
    8 oz. Fresh mushrooms, sliced or diced
    1/4 c. chicken broth
    2 T. flour
    salt & pepper to taste
    1 T. Parmesan cheese
    1/2 c. sour cream
    1 t. minced garlic
    1 c. Pepperidge Farm cornbread dressing mix (dry)
    1/4 c. chicken broth
    2 butterfly pork steaks or pork loin (chicken would also be very good)
    butter flavored cooking spray

INSTRUCTIONS:
    If your butterfly pork steaks are very thick, go ahead and season them to your liking (I used salt, pepper, seasoning salt & chicken seasoning plus), place in a pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray and let pre-cook in 350 oven for 15-20 minutes.

While pork is cooking, get out a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish. Spray it with a non-stick cooking spray.
    Slice mushroom (or dice) and place in the bottom of the casserole dish. Mix 1/4 c. chicken broth & flour together. Then add to the broth & flour mixture: salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, sour cream and minced garlic. Mix well. Pour over mushrooms. Top with dry dressing mix. Pour
    1/4 c. chicken broth over dressing mix. Spray with butter flavored cooking spray. Then put your pork on top of this. Cover and place in 350 for 35 minutes. Then take out, take off the pork and gently stir around the stuffing mixture. Place the pork back on the stuffing mixture. Bake an additional 15 minutes uncovered.
    Take out and cover and let sit about 5 minutes.

If your pork meat isn’t real thick, you will not have to pre-cook it some.

“Be yourself-who else is better qualified’

False
    PORK CHOP AND POTATO CASSEROLE

Serves: 4
    Comments: recipe made up by LaDonna

Ingredients:
    4 potatoes, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    4 boneless pork chops
    1 (8-oz.) can sliced mushrooms
    2 can cream of mushroom soup

Instructions:
    In slow cooker layer ingredients in order given.
    Be sure and season potatoes, and meat to your liking.
    Let simmer 5-6 hrs. on low-medium heat.

"The best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person"
    False
    SLOW COOK PORK CHOPS WITH DRESSING

Ingredients:
    4 boneless pork chops (seasoned to taste)
    1 box Stove Top Stuffing (cornbread)
    1 can cream of celery soup, undiluted

Instructions:
    In a slow cooker, place the pork chops.
    Prepare StoveTop according to pkg. direction.
    Put half of the Stove top on top of pork chops
    Half of the soup on top of stuffing
    Then the rest of the Stove top and then finish up with the soup.
    Put on LOW heat on slow cooker and let cook

"Giving your blessings as much thought as you give your worries will make you happier"
    False
    If those are the same type pork chop that Winn-Dixie has on sale, buy one package, get one free, they are the center cut boneless chops, about 1" thick, and they are just wonderful cooked in the George Forman Grill with just salt and pepper. They are so flavorful and are such good quality that there is no need to dress them up with a lot of other ingredients. We have them a lot and love them.

Jan
    False
    This is T&T. I usually use boneless sirloin chops for this because the cutlets can be so expensive.

Boneless Pork Chop Ideas

Pork Parmesan
    Posted by: arelabs Replies: 6 Posted on: 5/27/2004 10:20:39 PM
    #T358530
    1 lb pork cutlets, 3/4" to 1" thick (no bone)
    3/4 c bread crumbs
    3/4 c grated parmesan cheese
    2 t salt; 1/2 t pepper
    1/2 t oregano; 1/2 t basil
    1/4 olive oil
    2 c tomato sauce
    slices mozzarella cheese

In shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, oregano, basil. In another bowl, beat egg. Dip cutlets in egg, then in breadcrumbs. Cook cutlets in oil over medium heat until golden brown (don't dry out) on both sides. Place cutlets in baking pan, and pour tomato sauce over each. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese, and top each cutlet with mozzarella cheese slices. Bake in 375° oven for about 15-20 minutes, until mozzarella cheese has melted.

4 servings.

Arlene

False
    I have quit even buying the boneless pork. It is so dry no matter how I cook it. Maybe I will try some of these recipes. I have started recently buying the thin sliced bone in sirloin pork chops and breading them with a little flour and frying them in a hot frying pan to brown both sides fast and them put them in a casserole dish that I line with fiol up the sides, sort of make a foil bowl inside the casserole and I put a tiny bit of water under the foil and put my fried chops on the foil and cover and bake them for mayber 20 minutes. I also buy my porkchops from Foodlion and they have been tenderized with a solution of 11% somehing. But that is the way I have been fixing mine and my husband and I usually eat 3 each when I fix these. I want them every week as before I never wanted them. These taste as good as they smell.
    False
    This is always tender and moist.
    PORK CHOPS AND GRAVY

One night I made this up using ingredients I had on hand and it was delicious. The pork chops were moist and the gravy was very flavorful. My dh said it is a definite keeper. I served it with mashed potatoes. Yummy. I have since made these a once a week meal. The gravy is great and sometimes we have it over rice instead of the mashed potatoes

4 pork chops (mine were thick & boneless)
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 package dry pork gravy mix
    1 soup can water
    1/2 onion chopped

Dredge pork chops in flour. Fry in hot skillet with 1 Tbsp. oil for 3-4 minutes per side until brown. I sprinkled salt, pepper, on each side of the pork chops as they fried. Remove browned chops to a plate. In same skillet slightly cook the onions, scraping up any stuck on bits from the pork chops. Stir in the soup, dry gravy mix, and can of water. Stir until all is well mixed and boiling. Place the pork chops back in the pan in the gravy. Cover with a lid and reduce hit to low. Let these simmer until tender, at least 20 minutes. They can simmer longer depending on thickness of the pork chops. I let mine simmer for 30 minutes, the time it took me to peel, cook, and mash the potatoes. This is so easy and so delicious. You've just gotta try it. Also
    False
    I posed this some time ago, the SECRET to moist and tender pork and chicken:

Many of you have probably made these - yet I'm surprised at how many haven't heard of them.
    Since it's crockpot; and those critters sometimes have a mind of their own - please adjust the time/ temp to your machine.

PEPSI PORK
    pork 1 - 3#, chops, loin, roast, etc.
    12 oz regular Pepsi
    2 T soy sauce
    1 can Cream of Mushroom soup

Mix soda, soy, and soup together in crockpot. Put in pork, getting all the meat covered with liquid. For a # or so of thin meat (4-6 1/2" chops) cook on Low about 4 hours - longer (or on High) for thicker pieces of meat. It's not necessary to double the other ingredients unless you're doing 4 to 5 # of meat. PEPSI CHICKEN

4 - 6 chicken breasts
    12 oz regular Pepsi
    2 T soy sauce
    1 can Crean of Chicken soup

Mix soda, soy, and soup together in the crockpot. Put in the chicken, getting the liquid all over all pieces. Cook about 4 hours on low. Makes the juciest, most tender white meat! We use boneless, skinless breasts; but you can use any pieces you like. Only double other ingredients if you do 5-6 # of chicken. Forgive me for being so non-specific, but the times are for my 'newer' slow cooker which runs hotter to the point of almost being a 'fast' cooker. Also, the amounts of pork and chicken can be varied greatly.
    False
    bump
    False
    Thanks for posting these, I plan to copy and paste them tomorrow so I can find them, as one of the other posters said, I have almost given up on pork roast, which we used to dearly love because they are just so lean you cannot hardly cook one that isn't tough and dry, so I am going to try a bunch of these. Anna
    False
    BRAISED PORK CHOPS W/CREAM GRAVY

4 loin pork chops,1/2 inch thick
    1/2 cup water
    2 tsp dried parsley
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp dried thyme
    1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    2 tbsp flour
    1/3 cup milk

In large skillet over med-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides. Add water, parsley, salt, onion powder, thyme & worcestershire sauce. Cover; simmer 20-30 minutes or until pork chops are tender.

Remove pork chops from skillet; keep warm. In small bowl, combine flour & milk. blend until smooth. Gradually stir into hot mixture in skillet. Cook until mixture boils & thickens, stirring constantly. Serve hot gravy w/pork chops.

4 servings.

I make this with homemade mashed potatoes.

200 calories
    12 g fat
    (5 g saturated fat)
    False