ISO: Cute Ideas For Wrapping Baked Goods (Pies, Bundt Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Etc.) For Bake Sale | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Cute Ideas For Wrapping Baked Goods (Pies, Bundt Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Etc.) For Bake Sale

Last post Oct 15, 2010 8:02 PM by zakons . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • ISO: Cute Ideas For Wrapping Baked Goods (Pies, Bundt Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Etc.) For Bake Sale
    Does anyone have any cute ideas for wrapping baked goods for a bake sale? We're going to make colorful tags, but people buy more if the items are 'pleasing' to the eye, and I was wondering if anyone has tried or seen any cute ideas 'on the bake sale' table? Thanks for your help! Trish
    False
  • RE: ISO: Cute Ideas For Wrapping Baked Goods (Pies, Bundt Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Etc.) For Bake Sale
    have no ideas, but will check back and see what other say , our yhouth group from churcn is having a cook sale along with a yard sale this next Sat. so need ideas also
    Ruth
    False
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal Love leaves precious Memories no one can steal God Bless our Troops and emergency workers.
  • RE: ISO: Cute Ideas For Wrapping Baked Goods (Pies, Bundt Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Etc.) For Bake Sale
    I buy colorful plates and small bowls from the dollar store, place the cake or 6 cupcakes or whatever on them and wrap with clear wrap and put a bow on top. For the kids, put the baked goods on a frisbie and wrap with clear wrap. People like getting the free plate and they always sell first.
    False
    Bump For More Ideas.......Trish
    False
    use colored celophane or plastic wrap, use a ribbon to tie, and add a small seasonal silk flower.
    False
    Amy
    also look at craft store for celo bags that are season related, and use to put in cookies or individual portions like rice krispies. Also cookies baked on a popcicle stick might sell faster than a plain one. Use pringle cans, cleaned out, put contact paper on it and place cookies inside. Look at $1 store for cookie tins, sell cookies in a tin.
    False
    Amy
    This is really simple, but maybe folks like it because they know what they are getting - the label might be the key! I make brownies, to which I add chocolate chips and then I frost them. (I just use the Betty Crocker Cookbook recipe - very good.) I bake them in disposable pans (9 X 6.5 - you get two pans per recipe, just double the recipe and you're donating four pans!)that I buy at the grocery store. I cover them with plastic wrap and make cute little labels on the computer. They sell in a flash!
    False
    Hi Trish~

One thing I do is buy bags like what coffe comes in now, but they are all white with a window in the middle for cookies. You can get at least two dozen cookies in the ones I get at the kitchen store near me, and I charge 5.00 for the bag. And, people can see the cookies through the bag. You can attach a sticky label to the bag, and it looks really professional. I leave samples on plates so people can try the cookies; it always goes over big. The bags are about .60 each.

For bundt cakes, I use colored saran wrap in the "hole" in the middle to keep it from drying out, and then I just wrap it in clear wrap. I usually don't put it on anything, and then just put it in a plastic shopping bag for people to carry away. For quick breads, I just wrap in clear saran, so it doesn't interfere with the look of the bread; it's usually been baked in a disposable foil pan. Then, I often tie a thin/curling ribbon bow around the loaf in an appropriate color to the season.

Good luck!! And have fun with your packaging.

Amy
    False

Thanks for the suggestions! They sound so cute. Trish
    False
    Trish: I found some really neat little round see through plastic containers at Family Dollar Store...They come in pink, blue and green--two for $1 I think--they come packaged together in twos. I bought a bunch for Christmas cookie and candy giveaways.
    Scarlett in FL
    False

SCARLETT IN FL

O.F.G. Rainbow over the River

• Re: RE: ISO: Cute Ideas For Wrapping Baked Goods (Pies, Bundt Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Etc.) For Bake Sale

bump

False