ISO Amish Cashew Crunch Recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO Amish Cashew Crunch Recipe

Last post Nov 01, 2006 11:12 PM by Hillsmom . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • ISO Amish Cashew Crunch Recipe
    I'm looking for a recipe for Cashew Crunch, as sold in Amish communites. It is similar to a brittle, only softer - much easier on the teeth. I have 4 family members with celiac disease, so I'm on the lookout for treats such as these that don't contain gluten products. Thanks!
    False
  • RE: ISO Amish Cashew Crunch Recipe
    I found this in a search. Even looks simple enough for those of us who are candy impaired. ( I blew up my candy thermometer last year, don't ask me how...lol) needless to say I've learned my lesson. You must watch candy closely.

Subject: REC: **Amish Cashew Crunch**
    Posted by: accutyper Replies: 3 Posted on: 3/29/2005 9:49:09 AM
    #T496825
    Amish Cashew Crunch
    1 cup butter
    1 cup granulated sugar
    1 tablespoon light corn syrup
    2 cups cashews

Lightly butter a cookie sheet.

In a heavy pan cook and stir the butter, sugar and corn syrup over low heat until the butter is melted and the mixture comes to a boil. Cook until it starts to turn golden brown (290 degrees F on a candy thermometer) like peanut brittle.

Remove from heat. Quickly stir in cashews. Pour out onto prepared cookie sheet. Cool completely.
    False
    Thanks, it sounds like it could be pretty close. There were only 3 ingredients listed on the label- butter, sugar & cashews. I'll try this recipe and leave out the corn syrup, it should work and still be the softer texture I'm hoping for.
    False
    I just wanted to rebook mark this for my holiday treats. I made this last year and it was REALLY good. Super easy, too!

Jodi
    False
    Jeannalyn,

My DH is celiac and our family eats gluten free probably 95% of the time. I will be hosting Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and a party after Christmas and they will all be all-GF. If you want to talk or share recipes, I would be happy to.

Kathy
    False