Campbell Soup's Pop Top | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Campbell Soup's Pop Top

Last post Jan 21, 2004 9:18 AM by vell . 23 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 12
  • Campbell Soup's Pop Top
    Does anyone here actually like the new Campbell Soup pop top cans?

They are driving me crazy and I'm ready to switch brands. First, they are a complete hazard to fingernails and second, trying to pull the d--- lid off cuts into my aging fingers. I end up seeking my pliers every time to finish the job.

Campbell says people love them. Is that true?
    False
  • RE: Campbell Soup's Pop Top
    You
    False
    I like the pop up open cans.
    False
    You said it and I agree with you. I wonder whose bright idea those tops were.
    False
    I seem to splatter more soup on the cupboard than I get in the pan....

:)
    False
    I don't like them, find them hard to open and mySIL who has bad arthritis can not open them at all by hand...also spills/splashes easily
    False
    I don't like them either.
    False
    No, I don't like them - it's too hard to get all the soup out because the spoon catches on the lip. Also, they're hard to pull open.
    False
    Stimpy Click for Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin Forecast
    I hate the new lids!! The soup used to just slide out, now it gets stuck on the rim.
    False
    I don't really mind the new lids, but I don't see the point. If it were a product that you would be using immediately (like pop) I can see it, but it has to be heated and I think most kitchens have a can opener!

Pat
    False
    I totally agree that they are a hazard to our fingers. Also it's difficult to get all of a cream soup out of the can. You can't get under that rim.

I e-mailed Campbell's and told them how I felt. They thanked me for my opinion and sent me a $1.00 off coupon. Carol
    False

Carol

I think we should post this question around the net at various BBs and see if we can get more opinions to forward to Campbell. I'm really frustrated by the lids and hate to give up the soups we like and use!
    False
    I do not like these fingernail busters. I see no reason for them.
    False
    I don't like the pop tops at all! It is hard to scrape the cream soups out of the can, and like everyone said here, they splatter. I see no point to these at all.
    False
    DH likes them because he doesn't have to dig out the can opener. He also has more strength and doesn't care if he breaks a nail. I think they are more of a nuisance than a convenience. Plus they raised the price of chicken and beef broth by about 10 cents. I use these broths a lot.

My vote is "no -- don't like them."
    False