Recipes made in a electric skillet? Anyone Please and Thankyou | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipes made in a electric skillet? Anyone Please and Thankyou

Last post Oct 31, 2012 7:49 PM by latinrose . 54 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 4 (55 items) 1234
  • Recipes made in a electric skillet? Anyone Please and Thankyou
    I just bought a electric skillet and would love to have some new recipes that are made in the skillet. Trying to save on that gas bill this winter!!! Thankyou so much for your recipes in advance!!!
    False
  • RE: Recipes made in a electric skillet? Anyone Please and Thankyou
    bump!!!
    False
    Really anything that you cook in a regular skillet you can cook with the electric skillet. Mine is never put away. Love it and use it all the time. Could not do without it for breadfast. Here is a simple recipe for Swiss Steak you may enjoy.
    SWISS STEAK
    Ingredients:
    1 1/2 lbs. round steak,
    1/4 cup flour,
    1 tsp. salt,
    1/2 tsp. pepper,
    3 Tbsp. oil,
    1 can (1 lb.) tomatoes,
    1 large onion (sliced),
    1 green pepper (sliced),
    1 stalk celery (sliced)
    Directions:
    Cut meat into serving pieces, trim off excess fat. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Pound flour into both sides of meat with edge of saucer. Heat oil or shortening in skillet. Add meat and brown slowly on both sides. Add all remaining ingredients. Heat until liquid is boiling. Then reduce to simmer, cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.

Another great one for the skillet is beef tips.
    Enjoy your skillet, you will wonder how you ever got along without it if you are like me. :>)

Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Nancy, Thankyou so much!! This looks like a wonderful recipe!! In fact I have some round steak in the freezer and will make tomarrow.
    False
    Another favorite.
    Beef Stroganoff

Cut 1 pound beef sirloin into 1/4 inch strips. Combine 1 tablespoon flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt in brown bag. Add the meat and shake until meat is coated with flour. Heat skillet, then add 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. When melted, add sirloin strips and brown quickly on both sides. Add one 3-ounce can sliced mushrooms drained (I use fresh sautéed mushrooms), 1/2 cup chopped onion and 1 clove garlic, minced; cook 4 to 4 minutes, or till onion is crisp-tender.

remove meat and mushrooms from pan. Add 2 tablespoons butter or margarine to pan drippings; blend in 3 tablespoons all purpose flour. Add 1 tablespoon tomato paste. Stir in 1 1/4 cups cold beef broth or one 10 1/2 ounce can condensed beef broth. cook and stir over medium-high heat till thickened and bubbly.

Return browned meat and mushrooms to skillet. Stir in 1 cup dairy sour cream and 2 tablespoons dry white wine; cook slowly till heated through. Do not boil. Keep warm over hot water. Serve over hot buttered noodles or steamed rice. Makes 4 - 5 servings.

Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Nancy you have some wonderful recipes. I will be printing these off to make in the future. My DH loves beef strogganoff. It is one of his favorites. Thankyou sooooo much!!
    False
    You are very welcome. I love to cook in mine. The following recipe is a tasty one. Have even cooked the potatoes(sliced) in a little water in the skillet and drained before going on with the recipe. I use 350º to start and then turn down to 300º

Creamy Skillet Potatoes~~

4 to 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
    1/3 cup Onion, chopped
    1 envelope ranch-style dressing mix (1 ounce)
    1/3 cup sour cream
    2 cups milk
    1 teaspoon parsley

Precook potatoes in microwave or boil until slightly tender. Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium heat, brown onions and potatoes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer just until sauce thickens.
    Serves 4

Nancy
    False

Those potatoes sound wonderful, I will have to try those with chicken as I think they would be a wonderful side dish. Thankyou Barb
    False
    RE: Marble cake
    Posted by: clogging Nana Posted on: 6/12/2005 4:46:17 PM
    #R5865529
    Hi.....I didn't fine the marble cake recipe, but did find this one on google. They said it was from a Sunbeam electric skillet booklet. Maybe you can use a marble cake recipe and follow the cooking directions.

Barb

PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
    (for electric skillet)
    1 package yellow cake mix
    6 tbsp. butter or margarine
    1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
    1 #2 can pineapple slices (10) drained
    Maraschino cherries
    1/4 cup nuts, chopped
    Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. While mixing cake batter, preheat skillet to 250 degrees. Melt butter or margarine in skillet. Add brown sugar, stirring until dissolved, then spread evenly over bottom of skillet. Arrange pineapple slices over sugar mixture, decorate with cherries and nuts. Pour batter over pineapple and spread uniformly, cover skillet with vent open. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Loosen cake from sides of skillet using a spatula. Immediately invert on a serving plate, leaving it a few minutes, then lift off. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream or ice cream.
    False
    Barb, can't forget my DH's favorite. Got it from another mag. sometime ago.
    We like to eat it over Frito's. LOL

Southwest Chicken Skillet from Rotel

1 Tblsp. oil
    4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks (1-1/4 lb.)
    1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
    1 can (10 oz.) RotelOriginal Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
    1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
    1 cup water
    3 green onions, thinly sliced, reserve 2 Tblsp. for garnish
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    sour cream, optional

Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Stir in rice, tomatoes, sauce, water, and onions; bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir. Top with cheese and reserved 2 Tblsp. green onion. Cover and cook 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired.

Left overs reheat well.

Nancy

False

Wow, Nancy, You can make a cake in a skillet, how wonderful!!! I would love to try this as my DH and DS are real cake lovers, Thankyou so much Barb
    False
    That Chicken recipe sounds very good and interesting. I love chicken and southwestern foods as well. Thankyou sooooo much!!! Barb
    False
    KathyoFjak, I am sorry thankyou for the cake recipe, I find it just wonderful that one can make a cake in a electric skillet. This sounds wonderful and will try in the future, my printer is getting a real workout!!! I love pineapple upside down cake and will definately try this!!! Thankyou soooo much Barb
    Is your name Barb also?
    False
    Here's a thread with LOTS of them for you!

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=493742&catnum=#jump
    False

I make this pork chop recipe at least once a month in my electric fry pan. It always comes out perfect and only one pan/cover to clean. I usually like to eat my homemade applesauce with most pork recipes and I do serve it with this one. Enjoy.

Dottie

Pork Chops and Rice

6 to 8 center cut pork chops
    McCormick Pork Seasoning savory herb (if desired)
    2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice (not instant variety)
    2 cans (14.5 oz. size) Hunt’s stewed tomatoes w/onions, celery & green peppers)
    1/3 cup diced onion
    1/3 cup diced celery
    1/3 cup diced green pepper
    Salt and pepper to taste, if desired

Spray a large 12-inch electric fry pan (or regular fry pan) with PAM. Sprinkle pork seasoning (and salt & pepper if desired) on both sides of pork chops and brown 5 minutes on each side. Sprinkle diced onions, celery, and green peppers and uncooked rice over chops. Pour stewed tomatoes over chops in frying pan. Cover and cook on low heat for approximately 45 to 60 minutes until chops and rice are done. Serve with salad and rolls for a complete meal.
    False