Recipes made in a electric skillet? Anyone Please and Thankyou | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipes made in a electric skillet? Anyone Please and Thankyou

Last post Oct 31, 2012 7:49 PM by latinrose . 54 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 4 (55 items) 1234
  • RE: Recipes made in a electric skillet? Anyone Please and Thankyou
    Thankyou Suzycreamcheese MI and Dottie for your wonderful suggestions and recipes. I love the pork and rice recipe. It is totally different than mine and sounds inviting!!! I will try the next time I make pork chops and rice!!!! Thankyou Barb
    False
    Hi Catwoman -

Go to cooks.com, and in the search box, type in these two words: electric skillet. You will find many ideas!
    False
    Thankyou for the information motherofdogs. Let me guess you are a proud owner of dogs. I am the proud owner of cats. I geuss that fits in with the halloween theme anyways!!!! Barb
    False
    I make my boiled dinners in my electric skillet. Give this one a try:

1 2 1/2-3 lb. corned beef, drained
    1 medium green cabbage
    one large onion, sliced
    4 medium white potatoes, peeled
    6-8 carrots

Heat skillett to 350 degrees. Melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
    Brown corned beef in skillet. (I use butter.) Add onion, potatoes, and carrots. Add enough water to come up about 2/3 full. If corned beef comes with a seasoning packet, put the contents in at this time. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmering 2 1/2 hours, adding water if necessary. Quarter cabbage, add to skillett. Simmer until cabbage is tender, about 30 min. Some folks use beets as well as the potatoes and carrots, but I really can't stand them, so I leave them out. Serves 4 (my family, anyway!) PammieJ.
    False

There's no such thing as "try". You either do, or you don't.

Here is another thread.

It's too hot to turn on the oven, what do you make in your electric frying pan/electric skillet?

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=386456&catnum=68&headnum=2

False

Subject: Very EASY Peanut Brittle – no fancy ingredients OR thermometer
    Posted by: dutchmom4 Replies: 3 Posted on: 12/3/2004 9:02:54 AM
    #T445923

I have made and shared this recipe for years. One year, I gave it as gifts to teachers, newspaper carrier, etc. There is little fuss or clean-up. Enjoy!

EASY PEANUT BRITTLE (electric frying pan)

1 cup white sugar
    ½ cup water
    ¼ cup white corn syrup
    ¼ cup butter OR margarine
    1/8 teaspoon baking soda
    1 cup Spanish, regular, OR dry roasted peanuts

Place a cookie sheet on a protected surface to place candy after cooking.

Line electric frying pan with wide, heavy-duty aluminum foil. (Make as flat as possible. Do not puncture.)

Put sugar, water, syrup, and butter/margarine in frying pan. Set on highest temperature. Stir occasionally, using the back of a spoon. Cook until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes.

Switch off heat. Quickly stir in baking soda. Add peanuts.

Carefully lift candy and foil out of pan. Place on cookie sheet, and spread candy as thin as possible. Let cool and break into pieces. Store in a covered container in a cool place (not refrigerated).

NOTE: When I suggested cooking time was approximately 15 minutes, I was using a 30+ year old electric frying pan.
    -- Using a newer frying pan, the temperatures seem to be set higher. The cooking will probably go quicker.

False

RE: Easy Camper Meals
    Posted by: M_Wolverine Posted on: 9/13/2004 10:39:31 AM
    #R4379789
    Camping Breakfast Special

1 Lb. Bacon
    1 Dozen Eggs
    1 Pkg. Frozen Shredded Potatoes
    8 Oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    Salt and Pepper

Directions:
    I use an electric frying pan but you can cook it in a regular pan. Brown bacon, drain some of the grease and leave some for cooking potatoes. Crumble bacon when done, leave in pan and add onions, peppers, tomatoes, etc. Cook potatoes till done, add salt and pepper. Break eggs on top of potatoes, put lid on pan. Cook eggs (fried) till done. Sprinkle with cheese until it melts. Cut a wedge, serve with toast. One pan clean up.

False

RE: Need recipes to get thru 3-5 wks. with no stove or oven
    Posted by: Beach_Eagle Posted on: 5/7/2004 9:10:44 PM
    #R3615573

If you have an electric frying pan/skillet - you can make this recipe in it. I use mine for it.

SAUSAGE N' RICE SKILLET SUPPER

1 lb. smoked sausage cut into bite size chunks
    ¾ cup uncooked converted rice
    1 (10 ¾ oz.) can condensed cream of celery soup
    ¾ cup water
    1 T. margarine
    ¼ teas. salt
    1 (10 oz.) package frozen peas
    1 (2 ½ oz.) can mushrooms
    1 cup shredded swiss cheese

Combine sausage, rice, soup, water, butter and salt in a large skillet. Cover skillet and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer 5 minutes. Stir in frozen peas and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese. Simmer, covered for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.

False

SAUSAGE N' RICE SKILLET SUPPER

1 lb. smoked sausage cut into bite size chunks
    ¾ cup uncooked converted rice
    1 (10 ¾ oz.) can condensed cream of celery soup
    ¾ cup water
    1 T. margarine
    ¼ teas. salt
    1 (10 oz.) package frozen peas
    1 (2 ½ oz.) can mushrooms
    1 cup shredded swiss cheese

Combine sausage, rice, soup, water, butter and salt in a large skillet. Cover skillet and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer 5 minutes. Stir in frozen peas and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese. Simmer, covered for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
    False
    Oops, didn't check the last page before I posted my recipe. Glad to see someone else beat me to it ):!
    False
    COUNTRY SAUSAGE & POTATOES AU GRATIN

1 lb. smoked sausage, cut into ½” slices
    1 large onion chopped
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 package Betty Crocker Au Gratin potatoes
    2 ½ cups hot water
    ¼ teaspoon pepper
    4 medium carrots, cut into 2” strips
    1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cook and stir sausage & onion in oil until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes, sauce mix, water & pepper. Heat to boiling, reduce heat. Cover & simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in carrot strips, cover & simmer until carrots are crisp-tender and potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in broccoli & cheese; cover & cook until broccoli is heated trough & cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes.
    False
    MEXICAN CHICKEN AND RICE

2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
    1 medium green pepper, chopped
    1 small onion, chopped
    2 T. vegetable oil
    1 can (8 ¾ oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
    1 cup chicken broth
    1 cup salsa
    ½ to 1 teaspoon salt
    ½ to 1 teaspoon chili powder
    ¼ teas. pepper
    1 ½ cups uncooked instant rice
    ½ to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a large skillet, sauté the chicken, green pepper, and onion in oil until chicken is o longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the corn, broth, salsa, salt, chili powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
    False
    SKILLET TAMALE PIE

1 lb. ground beef
    1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
    1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans with liquid
    ½ cup water
    1 (1.25 oz.) packet regular mild taco seasoning mix
    1 (8 oz.) package cornbread mix
    1 cup shredded cheddar or monetary jack cheese
    ¼ cup sliced scallions or jalapeno peppers

Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium high. Crumble and add the ground beef to the skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain. Mix in the tomato sauce, beans with liquid, water and taco seasoning mix. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare cornbread mix according to package directions for muffins. Drop small spoonfuls of muffin batter over meat mixture in skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until cornbread is done. (Test by sticking a toothpick in center of muffin. If it comes out clean, it is done.) Top with cheese and scallions or peppers. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until cheese melts.
    False
    This is my favorite (yummy!). This is my mom's recipe.

Mom's Electric Skillet 7-bone Roast

1 seven bone roast (not larger than your electric skillet)
    1 onion, cut in half
    water
    1 t. salt
    1/2 t. black pepper
    several potatoes, halved (depends on how big the roast and your skillet is)
    several ribs of celery, cut in pieces about 4 inches long
    several baby carrots

Put roast in electric skillet. Put onion pieces, cut side down, on top of roast. Add about 2 c. water to skillet. Add salt and pepper also. Put lid on skillet and cook at 300. It takes about 3 hours to get really tender. You will have to add water periodically whenever it gets low. The trick is to almost run out of water a couple of times without actually burning it. About 45 minutes
    before roast is done (about 2 hours and fifteen minutes after you start cooking the roast), add potatoes,
    celery, and carrots to skillet. You will have to fill water more frequently as potatoes will soak it up. Once the roast is done, remove it and the vegetables to a platter. Make gravy with the pan drippings. The potatoes are so good. They soak up the flavor from the meat. This was my favorite thing of all the things my mom used to make.
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

bump for Birdie1410
    False