Orville Redenbacher popcorn oil ? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Orville Redenbacher popcorn oil ?

Last post Nov 04, 2005 7:43 PM by HiOnLife . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Orville Redenbacher popcorn oil ?
    I'm dying to make that "Out of this World Party Mix", but I can't find that popcorn oil anywhere. Is there a substitute oil I could use? Could I just melt some butter and pour into some peanut oil or Crisco Oil or something like that?

Thanks,
    doris
    False
  • RE: Orville Redenbacher popcorn oil ?
    You can't find it by the popcorn? It took me awhile to figure out it wasn't over by the cooking oils!

Something about popcorn oil has such a distinct smell/flavor to me.
    False
    I use the Redenbacher oil when I make popcorn and I can tell the difference so I would think it would be a difference in the recipe if you used anything else. Walmart and Target has it on the popcorn shelf as do most grocery stores around here.
    False
    Hmmm, I'll take another look around my grocery stores. And, if all else fails, will head over to Walmart and/or Target.
    Thanks for the info.

doris
    False
    what kind of mix do you make?
    False
    Amy
    Oh, it's not mine, it's patriciarose's thread

Out Of This World Party Mix

(1) 12 Ounce Box Crispix Cereal (10 c)
    (1) 15 Ounce Box Honey Graham Cereal 13 oz 8 c) Golden Graham
    (2) 12.25 Ounce Bags Bugles (8 c)
    (1) Bag Pepperidge Farm Goldfish (12.5 oz- 5 c)
    (1) 15 ounce Bag Pretzels (14 oz- 9c)
    (2) Cans Mixed Nuts (17 oz ea)
    (2) .7 Ounce Packages Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
    (2) Bottles Orville Redenbacher Popcorn Oil (12 Oz ea)
    Dump the first six ingredients into a VERY LARGE roaster. Mix the dressing mixes and popping oil in a small bowl. Pour over ingredients. Bake uncovered at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. This makes a huge amount, so you have to have a large roaster to make it in the first place.....or find something large to mix in and use two pans to bake in! I presume you could halve the recipe, but I don't know for sure. I found this recipe in a little cookbook from an electric company I bought at a garage sale for 25 cents...WHAT A FIND!!!!! This makes a huge amount 2 roasters. califstephie
    PatriciaroseTOH
    False
    I do not think this is available in Canada, but will check WalMart out, if it shouldn't be, what could I substitute it with. I am thinking part butter & oil. Thanks.
    False
    Ask your Grocer to stock it for you. Otherwise, I'll be glad to send you some, seriously! Let me know and I'll post my email address for you if you don't have any luck. I really can't think of anything else that would work. It is SOOOO good. :)
    Cathy
    False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields
    Cathy. Well aren't you just the sweetest thing. I'm going to check at walmart and target and, if I can't get anyone to order it for me, I just might take you up on your very generous offer.

doris
    False
    Here ya go Doris, just in case.
    hionlife at sbcglobal dot net Let me know. :)
    Cathy
    False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields