ISO bone-in skin on chicken breast recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO bone-in skin on chicken breast recipe

Last post Nov 06, 2005 10:29 PM by Karolin . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • ISO bone-in skin on chicken breast recipe
    I have 2 large, bone-in skin on, chicken breasts thawing for tomorrows dinner. any recipes to share maybe using a crockpot?
    thanks and God bless
    False
  • RE: ISO bone-in skin on chicken breast recipe
    This is not for the crockpot, but is sooo good. You wouldn't have to make the gravy.

Gina

Subject: My Wife's Oven Fried Chicken with Country Gravy
    Posted by: foodguy Replies: 15 Posted on: 8/3/2005 2:04:43 PM
    #T551674
    1-3lb. cut up frying chicken (8 pieces)
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine
    1 heaping cup flour
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
    Black pepper to taste
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Wash chicken, and pat dry with paper towel. (My wife soaks the washed chicken in salt water for 15 20 minutes).
    Preheat oven to 425.
    Place vegetable oil and margarine in shallow baking pan, and set in oven to heat and melt.
    Combine flour and seasonings. Roll chicken pieces in flour mixture.
    Remove hot pan from oven and arrange chicken pieces on it, skin side down, do not crowd.
    Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Turn chicken so that skin side is up and continue baking-20-30 minutes until nicely browned and juices run clear.
    Remove to a platter and keep warm (at least 10 minutes).
    Country Gravy
    Scrape baking pan and place 3 Tablespoons of the accumulated cooking fat and browned bits into a sauce pan. Stir in 3 Tablespoons flour and cook 1-2 minutes until well combined. Stir in 2 cups milk and continue cooking and whisking until gravy boils and thickens. Cook about one minute. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
    She always serves this with mashed potatoes and green beans.
    False
    Chicken With Tropical BBQ Sauce

Ingredients:

1/2 cup molasses
    1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    6 whole bone-in chicken breasts, halved
    1 Tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard

Combine molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, hot pepper sauce andorange juice. Arrange chicken in stoneware. Brush sauce over chicken. Cover andcook on LOW 7 to 9 hours (HIGH: 3 to 4 hours).

NOTE: Sauce is excellent over ribs and chops.

Page 16 2001, RIVALA DIVISION OF THE HOLMES GROUPCrock-Pot
    False

Cool

I have two recipes, either one are show stoppers! You can put the name in the search and read the reviews....

~*~*~Garlic Lime Chicken~*~*~

This is a repost of this recipe -- it is ever so good, a friend of mine wanted to fix it for the week-end and reminded me of this.

Serves 6

1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/4 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon thyme
    6 boneless skinless chicken breast
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1/2 cup chicken broth

4 tablespoons lime juice In a bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of chicken breasts.

In a skillet heat butter and olive oil together over medium high heat. Satue chicken until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes on either side or until no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken and add lime juice and chicken broth to the pan, whisking up the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Keep cooking until sauce has reduced slightly.
    Add chicken back to the pan to thoroughly coat and serve.

I serve over pasta, wonderful :)

»«:*´`´`*:»«LindaChicken»«:*´`´`*:»«

False

Photobucket

Posted by: suzycreamcheese_MI Replies: 82 Posted on: 2/3/2005 10:28:10 AM
    #T471433

Reminisce Magazine published her Buttermilk Baked Chicken recipe in their newest issue!!

Congrats, Linda!! {{{congrats hugs}}}

Now I can say "I knew her when"! *VBG*

Check out the beautiful lay-out and pics -- copy and paste this url into your browser!

http://tinyurl.com/64udx

Posted by: lindachicken__Oklahoma Posted on: 5/12/2004 12:22:12 PM #R3641369 This is so juicy and tender, I think you will like it. Everyone that has eatten this has ask for the recipe and it's a favorite here!

Buttermilk Baked Chicken

1/4 cup butter or margarine
    4 bone-in chicken breast halves*
    1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 teaspoon Tony's Chachere's (Creole seasoning)
    1 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided
    3/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted Melt butter in a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish in a 425° oven.

Dip chicken in 1/2 cup buttermilk, Sprinkle chicken with salt,pepper, and Chachere's then dredge in flour.
    Arrange chicken, breast side down, in baking dish.

Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Turn chicken, and bake 10 more minutes.
    Stir together remaining 1 cup buttermilk and cream of mushroom soup; pour over chicken, and bake 10 more minutes, shielding chicken with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Drizzle gravy over chicken.

Yield: 4 servings.

Prep: 10 min., Bake: 45 min.

*4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves may be substituted. Bake chicken at 425° for 15 minutes. Turn, and bake for 10 minutes.

Note: Light butter; nonfat buttermilk; and reduced-sodium, reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup may be substituted.

Great w/mashed potatoes.

♥ LindaChicken
    False

Photobucket

Chicken In Sour Cream Sauce

Ingredients:

1 1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon paprika
    1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
    6 bone-in-chicken breast halves, skin removed
    1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
    1 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
    1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced

Combine the first 4 ingredients; rub over chicken. Place in a slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, and wine or broth; stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hrs. or until chicken juices run clear. Thicken the sauce if desired.

Serves 6
    False

Cool

bump
    False
    Beautiful picture of a dinner. Looks yummy to.
    O.K. If I had 2 chicken breasts and wanted to cook them in the crock pot I would probably just put the chicken on slices of onion and top with onion soup mix. Maybe with a tiny bit of water.
    False
    When I was at my moms this summer her husband who is an awesome cook made this Raspberry Chicken that was to die for. Although I don`t have HIS recipe I did find this recipe at www.allrecipes.com and it looks like pretty much the same thing he makes. Only difference is he used about a handful of fresh raspberries in his.
    And this recipe calls for boneless but I`m sure you could use bone-in. And I bet you could even figure out how to convert for a crock pot. I would maybe first brown the chicken, then ad the rest of the ingredients in a crockpot with the browned chicken and cook on low for about 6 hours or so. And if you can`t find fresh raspberries this time of year, you could probably use frozen or canned.

INGREDIENTS:
    2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    3 tablespoons shallots, minced
    1/3 cup chicken stock
    1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
    1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
    salt and pepper to taste

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
    In a large saucepan, heat the butter or margarine and oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and brown lightly on each side. Once the chicken breasts are cooked (the juices should run clear) remove them from the pan and set aside.
    Add the shallots and the chicken stock to the pan. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add the raspberry vinegar. Bring all to a boil and simmer, stirring, until the mixture thickens. Stir in the cream and return the chicken to the pan. Heat for 1 minute to warm the chicken, turning the chicken pieces to coat with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
    False
    You have reminded me of how much I like chicken breasts made this easy way:

Sprinkle two bone-in unskinned chicken breasts w/garlic salt, bread crumbs (either plain or seasoned) and oregano leaves. Pour (or spritz) oil over and bake 350º 1/2 hour. Pour over 1/4 cup lemon juice mixed w/1/4 cup water, sprinkle w/parsley and cook an additional 1/2 hour.

Nice to serve with rice. I am on my way right now to pull a package from the freezer to have for tomorrow . When they are on special , I package them in twos and freeze them. Happy dining!
    False
    Double Coated Chicken

1 3/4 c. corn flake crumbs
    6 T. Panko crumbs (opt)
    1 egg
    1 c. milk
    1 c. AP flour
    1 t. salt
    1/4 t. pepper
    3 lbs. chicken pieces, washed and patted dry
    3 T. melted butter

Measure corn flakes into shallow pan and set aside.

In small mixing bowl, beat egg and milk slightly. Add flour, salt & pepper. Mix until smooth. Dip chicken in batter. Coat with crumbs. Place in single layer, skin side up, in well-greased or foil-lined shallow baking pan. Drizzle with melted butter.

Bake in 350 degree oven about 1 hour or until chicken is tender. Do not cover pan or turn chicken while baking.

Yield: 6 servings.

I like the part about not turning the chicken. Seems when I do oven- fried chicken and try to turn it I always lose the best part, the coating.
    Double Coated Chicken

1 3/4 c. corn flake crumbs
    1 egg
    1 c. milk
    1 c. AP flour
    1 t. salt
    1/4 t. pepper
    3 lbs. chicken pieces, washed and patted dry
    3 T. melted butter

Measure corn flakes into shallow pan and set aside.

In small mixing bowl, beat egg and milk slightly. Add flour, salt & pepper. Mix until smooth. Dip chicken in batter. Coat with crumbs. Place in single layer, skin side up, in well-greased or foil-lined shallow baking pan. Drizzle with melted butter.

Bake in 350 degree oven about 1 hour or until chicken is tender. Do not cover pan or turn chicken while baking.

Yield: 6 servings.

Note: I added about 6 T. of panko bread crumbs to the cornflakes for extra crunch
    False
    Here is the origial recipe, but I leave it in a crockpot all day...it is great!

CHICKEN STEW
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 stalks celery, cut into bite-size pieces
    1 carrot, peeled, cut into bite-size pieces
    1 small onion, chopped
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
    1 (14-ounce) can low-salt chicken broth
    1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    1 bay leaf
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
    2 chicken breast with ribs (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
    1/4 cup minute rice

Heat the oil in a heavy 5 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery, carrot, and onion. Saute the vegetables until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the tomatoes with their juices, chicken broth, basil, tomato paste, bay leaf, and thyme. Add the chicken breasts; press to submerge.
    Bring the cooking liquid to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently uncovered until the chicken is almost cooked through, turning the chicken breasts over and stirring the mixture occasionally, about 25 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the chicken breasts to a work surface and cool for 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Add the kidney beans to the pot and simmer until the liquid has reduced into a stew consistency, about 10 minutes.

Discard the skin and bones from the chicken breasts. Shred or cut the chicken into bite- size pieces. Return the chicken meat to the stew. Bring the stew just to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

False