Review: boxed augratin potatoes in a crockpot | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Review: boxed augratin potatoes in a crockpot

Last post Nov 08, 2005 10:45 AM by Angielikes2cook_KY . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Review: boxed augratin potatoes in a crockpot
    Hi, I am probably the only one who never knew you could do this, but I wanted augratin potatoes and was going to be a work all day so I put about 3 boxes of Betty Crocker augratin potato and the rest of the ingredients on box and added about 1 cup sour cream and one time 1 cup of Hellava french onion dip and cooked on low for about 7 hours or more and boy did they come out good, we usually don't care for the box kind but these were really very good and it helped me to have it done in the crock pot, I also had the other crock pot going with a roast for pulled beef sandwiches...The high school kids loved it. Shirley
    False
  • RE: Review: boxed augratin potatoes in a crockpot
    a friend told me she makes hers in the crockpot also (with diced ham) and just adds more milk if it's going to be cooking a long time, like a cup or so more

the onion dip and sour cream addition sounds good to me
    False
    This sounds really good. I have the sour cream but no french onion dip. What could I use instead? I might throw that in the crock right now if I knew!! :0) Wink wink!!
    Thanks,
    Angie
    False
    Hugs, Angie Visit my blog http://5kidsmyhusbandandme.blogspot.com/
    Hi Angie, you could just use the sour cream and along with the ingred. on the box water and butter, that would be just fine, I used the dip when I did not have sour cream...it was just a differant taste with the dip....and the longer it cooks the better to have additional liquids like the sour cream....you really can't louse it up believe me....they are so creamy done this way....let me know how your family likes it.....Shirley
    False
    Thanks for your reply. It's just me and the kids during the week. So...it is a chore to find something that they really like. We like these kind of potatoes, so this should be a treat.
    Angie
    False
    Hugs, Angie Visit my blog http://5kidsmyhusbandandme.blogspot.com/