What's the best thing for a scratchy throat? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What's the best thing for a scratchy throat?

Last post Nov 09, 2005 12:26 AM by Souplover . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • What's the best thing for a scratchy throat?
    Help !!! I'm miserable. What's the best remedy or thing for a scrathy throat?

Ruth
    False
  • RE: What's the best thing for a scratchy throat?
    try a cup of hot tea with lemon and honey...........sooooooo soothing!
    False
    One vitamin C tablet per hour (don't miss any) until symptoms disappear. This has worked the last four scratchy throats I have had. I have never had to continue taking the Vitamin C for more than 1-1/2 days, but you must begin as quickly as possible. Dr. Linus Pauling recommended this.
    chefly
    False
    I felt like I was going to get the flu/cold and took Air-Borne which is a herbal remedy. You put 1 tablet in a glass of water every 3 hrs. I did this before bed and felt fine when I woke up. It is important to start when symptoms first appear. All Pharmacies have this product. My husband cat't keep it in stock!!

Wishing you well,
    Dianne
    False
    Gargle with warm salt water.
    False
    I agree with Airborne and gargling with salt water.
    False
    I've never heard of that Airborne stuff. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm hoping to feel better soon. I hate having a scratchy throat!

Ruth
    False
    Walgreens has their brand just like Airborne - "Walborne". Appears to have the same ingredients, and costs less.

Brenda
    False
    Zinc lozenges! My friend brought me some when I had a sore thought and I only used 1 and felt better, never even used any more at all....

I'd give it a try.

Angie
    False
    Hugs, Angie Visit my blog http://5kidsmyhusbandandme.blogspot.com/
    my drs. have always advised warm salt water and the more you gargle...the better. Salt is healing.
    It tastes awful, but does sooth somewhat. Hope you feel better.

Kaiana
    False
    This sounds like the post from me last week. I hate to say this but a week later and I'm still sick. I tried everything from buying meds to trying the home remedies. This has been the worst cold or flu whatever it is that I have ever had. I now have it so bad in my head and am still miserable and have been for a week. The sore throat only lasted two days but then it went to my head.
    Hope you get better sooner than I have.

Debbie
    False
    oil of oregano !!!!!!!! wash it down with water as its strong , take it 5-6 times a day
    False
    Try sucking on a piece of peppermint candy.
    False
    I was going to post, but Louisa2 beat me to it....suck on Starlight mints or candy canes! Obviously, take your medicines and teas, but when you're waiting for the next Halls, water logged from tea, and had enough salty gargle for one day, use this simple trick b/n doses. Really makes a throat feel nice, I think they candy syrup coats the throat and the minty feel makes it feel refreshed.
    False