How long will peanut brittle keep? How should I store it? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How long will peanut brittle keep? How should I store it?

Last post Nov 12, 2005 12:08 PM by _FOOTSIE . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • How long will peanut brittle keep? How should I store it?
    I want to make peanut brittle for Christmas this year. Can I make it now and keep it fresh until then?

I will be making microwave peanut brittle.
    False
  • RE: How long will peanut brittle keep? How should I store it?
    OOPS! I wanted to ask this question also. How long and how should I store homemade fudge too? thanks
    False
    Fudge can be frozen with excellent results. Not sure about brittle...I'm thinking covered in a cool dry place, but not sure how long...

Linda
    False
    Linda
    I found this info. at:

http://www.recipelink.com/mf/31/2776

*Truffles can be frozen for up to 2 months.

*Fudge will keep 1 month in the refrigerator.

*Toffee can be frozen for up to 2 months

*Most caramels should be stored about 2 weeks at room temp.

*Nut brittles should be stored about 1 week at room temp.

*Be careful when freezing - I make all of my candy that freezes well first and save things like caramels till last. Be sure to use coating chocolate for candies that need to be dipped, otherwise freezing and storing can cause "bloom", which is when the cocoa butter comes to the surface and causes gray or white streaks and dots - it doesn't mean that the candy has spoiled but it doesn't look very nice.
    False
    On another site, I read that you could store peanut brittle in an airtight container for 3 weeks and I'm assuming that is at room temp.
    False
    This is one of my specialties and I would say that if you keep peanut brittle in an airtight bag or container it should keep at least 3 weeks. You sill start loosing flavor after that. Make sure that it is airtight , because it will get very sticky if you let it set out.

Good luck.
    Dena
    False
    airtight and till hades freezes over. LOL!
    False