Liquid recipes for someone with jaw wired shut. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Liquid recipes for someone with jaw wired shut.

Last post May 05, 2009 4:33 PM by colesmommy26 . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Liquid recipes for someone with jaw wired shut.
    My teenage daughter is having surgery on her jaw and will have her mouth wired shut for several weeks. Does anyone have nutritious recipes they could share?

Thanks!
    False
  • RE: Liquid recipes for someone with jaw wired shut.
    It seems I remember another request about this a long time ago. If I can find it I'll bump it to the top for you. Also, welcome to the BB from Olathe, KS Hope you enjoy it here, wonderful people and great recipes!
    Cathy
    False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields
    I'm trying to bump another thread for you but I don't see it showing up. Go to the search box and type in jaw wired shut and there are a couple that might help.
    False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields

False

False
    My brother had his jaw wired shut some time ago. He drank alot of "Ensure". Look for it at your pharmacy or in health sections of the stores. It's a total meal replacement packed with all the nutrients one needs
    False
    I made up a recipe book for a friend when he was on Ensure. If you want to email me, I will send it to you. hosea26 at yahoo.com

False
    Use the blender to prepare your daughter's meals.Blend spag/meatballs,pot roast/potatoes,meatloaf etc.This should allow her to eat whatever the family eats.Might need to thin her meal with a little milk or broth. Hope this helps.
    False
    Here are some I've already posted on the BB.

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=369216&searchrep=3865181#search
    False
    When my son's jaws were wired shut many years ago I made all the same foods as the family and blended them in a blender with water till it was the right consistency. I did meatloaf, pizza, hot dogs, lasagne this way. As long as it can go through a straw this worked for him. He never lost any weight!!
    False
  • Re: Liquid recipes for someone with jaw wired shut.

Hi my name is Alicia. My husband was in a serious car acciden a couple of weeks ago. The top of the car he was driving came down on top of his had he's got a nasty scare and a broken jaw. It's wired shut for atleast 5 more weeks (a totall of 6 weeks). He's been drinking everything. Yesterday I made him grilled cheeese and tomato soup for lunch...He loved it. And right now I think he's down stairs blending up some pea soup. Hope your daughter the best.

False