What Kind Of Goodies Will You Be Making Over the Holiday Season | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What Kind Of Goodies Will You Be Making Over the Holiday Season

Last post Nov 16, 2012 12:31 PM by NCRobin . 74 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 5 of 5 (75 items) 12345
  • RE: What Kind Of Goodies Will You Be Making Over the Holiday Season
    bump
    False
    We love these. I have been making these at Christmas for about 20 yrs.:) The boys love them and the neighbors do as well.:) They are delicious and look really impressive on the cookie tray- like a peanut-butter flower.:)

Peanut-Butter Kisses

1 jar (18 oz.) creamy peanut butter
    1 1/4 cups sugar
    2 lg. eggs
    48 milk-chocolate Kisses, ( a 9 ox. pkg. contains 53)

Unwrap 48 kisses.:) Heat oven to 350 degrees. Have cookie sheets ready. With a wooden spoon stir peanut butter, sugar and eggs in a medium-size bowl. (Dough will be slightly sticky.) With floured hands, roll level measuring tablespoonfuls into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes until cookies look dry with tops crackled. Remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate Kiss in center of each. Cool on cookie sheet 1 to 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 48. Calories per cookie: 111, 3 g. protein, 5 g. fat.

Enjoy!
    ~Muril~
    False

~Muril~
    These all look great. I will try and add a few later. Thanks Candyk. & all who posted.
    Jill
    False
    These are one of my many favorites now. In fact most of my favorites I got from this bb.
    Jill

CHOCOLATE BUTTERSCOTCH RICE KRISPY SQUARES
    (Posted by Marilla Cuthbert, TOH B.B.)

6 cups rice krispies
    1 cup light corn syrup
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup peanut butter
    1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    1 cup butterscotch chips

Place corn syrup and sugar in a large sauce pan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves and it starts to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and mix well. Add cereal. Stir until well coated. Pres mix into 9x13 pan greased (she uses butter)
    Melt choc chips and butterscotch chips together in a small saucepan over low heat stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm. Cut and enjoy!
    False
    This one was so easy and so yummy!

Subject: RECIPE OF THE WEEK for 11/28: Rocky Road Squares
    Posted by: emr Replies: 34 Posted on: 11/27/2005 2:30:43 PM
    #T606234
    Yes, I'm trying to get an early start because my Mondays are so busy!

This is a favorite holiday treat at my house. I got the recipe from a friend in SC who brought it to a cookie swap, and have been making it myself ever since. I usually only make it at Christmas, but it's easy enough to fix anytime.

My only change from the original recipe is that I use the microwave instead of a double boiler. I know that all of you creative cooks will come up with some interesting variations and I can't wait to see them!

Rocky Road Squares

12 oz. chocolate chips
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
    2 c. dry roasted peanuts
    2 c. miniature marshmallows

Combine chocolate chips, condensed milk and butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with wax paper and heat for 1-2 minutes, until chocolate and butter are melted. Stir to mix. Fold nuts and marshmallows into chocolate mixture. Spread in wax-paper-lined 9x13 pan. Chill at least 2 hours. Remove from pan and peel off paper. Cut into squares. (This is rich so you can cut small pieces and get a lot from one batch.)

Enjoy, and happy holiday cooking! Thanks to everyone for helping to keep this bumped through the week.
    False
    RASPBERRY STRIPPERS
    (From Cooking Light)

1/3 cup granulated sugar
    5 tbsp butter or stick margarine, softened
    1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 large egg white (I used the whole egg)
    1 cup all purpose flour
    2 tbsp cornstarch
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    Cooking spray
    1/3 cup raspberry or apricot preserves (or one of your choice)
    1/2 cup powdered sugar
    2 tsp fresh lemon juice
    1/4 tsp almond or vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 375.
    2. Beat granulated sugar and butter with a mixer at medium speed until well blended, about 5 minutes. Add 1-1/2 tsp vanilla and egg white; beat well. Lightly spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup, then level with a knife. Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt, stirring until well blended. (Dough will be stiff)
    3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion into a 12-inch log. Place logs 3 inches apart on a baking sheet covered with cooking spray. Form a 1/2 inch deep indentation down the center of each log using your index finger or end of a wooden spoon. Spoon preserves into the center. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove logs to cutting board.
    4. Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and almond extract; stir well with a whisk. Drizzle sugar mixture over warm logs. Immediately cut each log diagonally into 12 slices. (Do not separate slices) Cool 10 minutes; separate slices. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely. Yield: 2 dozen (serving size: 1 cookie)
    calories 75 (30% from fat) ; fat 2.5g (sat 1.5g, mono 0.7g, poly 0.2g; protein 0.7g; carb 12.4g; fiber 0.2g; chol 6 mg; iron 0.3 mg; sodium 56 mg; calc 4 mg
    Tip: storing these cookies in a single layer ensures their icing stays intact)

False
    SOUR CREAM SUGAR COOKIES (PREFERRED)
    (From Pat Cummings)

2-3/4 cup sifted flour
    3/4 tsp soda
    1 tsp cream of tarter
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
    1/2 cup soft butter
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1/2 cup sour cream

Cream the butter, sugar, egg, sour cream until well mixed. Add dry ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill. On floured surface, roll out to 1/8 inch and cut. Bake 6-8 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet at 400 degrees.
    At Christmas time, I color melted white chocolate with red or green food coloring and dip half of the cooked cookie in it. Alternatively, leave as white chocolate and roll in crushed candy canes. In addition, you can use melted semi-sweet melted chocolate.
    False
    These were dh favorite last year, so will make again just for him.

CHOCOLATE PECAN MARSHMALLOW COOKIES
    (Posted by Lindachicken, TOH B.B.)

1/2 cup butter, softened
    1-cup sugar
    1 egg
    1/4 cup milk
    1-teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup baking cocoa
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    16-18 large marshmallows
    Icing:
    6 tablespoons butter or margarine
    2 tablespoons baking cocoa
    1/4 cup milk
    1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Approximately 36 pecan halves

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; beat into creamed mixture. Drop by rounded
    teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
    Meanwhile cut marshmallows in half. Press a marshmallow half; cut side down, onto each cookie. Return to the oven for 2 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. For icing:
    combine butter, cocoa and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Cool slightly. Transfer to a small mixing bowl. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat well. Spread over the cooled cookies. Top each with a pecan half.

False
    I might try my hand at some truffles this year. I have a few untried recipes, but if anyone happens to have t&t, would love to see them.
    Jill
    False
    One more for now.

PUMPKIN COOKIES
    (Unknown source)

1 cup butter
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 cups flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 cup nuts
    1 cup chocolate chips

Cream sugar and butter together, add pumpkin, vanilla and egg. Combine dry ingredients and add to above. Add nuts and chocolate chips. Drop from spoon on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. (These come out like cake cookies)

False
    bump
    I want to come back to this later
    False
    False
    This is one we will be trying.
    Joyce& Nez.
    Orange Cream Fudge
    Submitted by: Betty from Ohio
    Rated: 5 out of 5 by 9 members Prep Time: 15 Minutes
    Cook Time: 5 Minutes Ready In: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
    Yields: 6 servings
    "This simple recipe combines cream, butter, marshmallow creme, white chocolate and orange extract to make this classic favorite."
    INGREDIENTS:
    3 cups white sugar
    2/3 cup heavy cream
    3/4 cup butter
    1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow
    creme 1 (11 ounce) package white
    chocolate chips
    3 teaspoons orange extract
    12 drops yellow food coloring
    9 drops red food coloring
    DIRECTIONS:
    1. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
    2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cream and butter. Heat to soft ball stage, 234 degrees F (112 degrees C). Remove from heat and stir in marshmallow creme and white chocolate chips; mix well until the chips melt. Reserve 1 cup of mixture and set aside.
    3. To the remaining mixture add orange flavoring, yellow and red food coloring. Stir well and pour into prepared pan. Pour reserved cream mixture on top. Using a knife, swirl layers for decorative effect.
    4. Chill for 2 hours, or until firm, and cut into squares.
    False

Coffee

False
  • Re: What Kind Of Goodies Will You Be Making Over the Holiday Season

Bump

False