Homemade Egg Noodles | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Homemade Egg Noodles

Last post Nov 29, 2008 9:32 AM by LSMO . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Homemade Egg Noodles
    Does anyone have a recipe for a large batch of homemade egg noodles? I seem to have lost mine in my last move :-( Would love to hear from you and I also like recipes for noodles with additional ingredients. For instance, found one while surfing today that had garlic and parsley in them. Doesn't that sound good though?
    False
  • RE: Homemade Egg Noodles
    Thank you so much starshineeliz. I can't believe I've made homemade noodles after every holiday that has a turkey for years and couldn't remember my recipe. Although I have no immediate family, my friends and my sister's family love this stuff. AND, can you believe my sister threw away the turkey carcass from her Thanksgiving dinner? Boy, was I ever upset. LOL
    False
    EGG NOODLES

Serves: 4
    Effort: average
    Comments: I like to make a whole bunch of these at one time. Then I freeze in ziplock bags according to size needed. Nice to have on hand to make chicken noodle soup, or to put in the roast broth to serve with a roast.
    I also like making these using my wheat blend flour. The ratio for making the wheat blend flour is 4 c. white all purpose flour to 3 c. whole wheat bread flour. Mix well, store in airtight container in the fridge.

Ingredients:
    2 eggs, beaten
    4 tablespoon milk
    2 teaspoon salt
    2 cup flour-add more if needed to make stiff dough

Instructions:
    roll out very thin on floured surface
    let dry 30 min.
    roll up-cut thin strips
    spread out in thin layer.
    let dry several hrs.
    refrigerate or freeze

"One kind word can warm three winter months"
    False
    Thank you candykisses. I appreciate the responses I get on this website. AND your noodles made with the wheat flour blend sound wonderful. I'm trying them next.
    False
    I was going to post my recipe but Stat already did it! Thanks Star. It can be doubled tripled or however much you want. It is the only recipe I use. I always make triple batches and throw them in the freezer.

Debbie
    False
    bumping up to try!
    False
  • Re: RE: Homemade Egg Noodles

I use candykisses' recipe, but cut the salt in half. My family won't eat any other kind.

False

"...He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy." Acts 14:17b

I guess I am missing Star's recipe?. Where was it posted please?

Thanks Alliea

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

• Re: Homemade Egg Noodles

Here's the one I use, Kitty. I like it - it was originally posted by Selmamae64:

Grandma Bayer's Homemade Egg Noodles

2-3 cups all purpose flour
    1-2 eggs
    1-2 pinches of salt
    water

(Grandma used to mix this by hand, but today I use the dough hook on my Kitchen Aid mixer - Much easier!!)

Put 2 cups of flour, 1 egg and a pinch of salt in mixer bowl. Using dough hook, set mixer to the lowest speed setting and begin mixer. As it mixes, you might notice you need to add a bit more liquid, add another egg. As you continue mixing, you can add more flour or even some water to the mixture to get it to the right consistency.

When finished, the dough should be like bread dough, a little sticky without any flour showing through. Flour a bread board and roll out the dough. You need to roll it quite thin, a quarter inch thick at the most. Cut into 1 inch by 3 inch noodles and add to boiling stockpot. The noodles will widen and thicken as they cook so it is important they are rolled thin. They will cook in approximately 10 -15 minutes.
    Stimpy

False

• Re: Homemade Egg Noodles

Spaetzle Dumplings
    From Taste of Home

These tender homemade noodles take only minutes to make and are a natural accompaniment to Mom's chicken. You can enjoy them with the chicken gravy or simply buttered and sprinkled with parsley. —Pamela Eaton, Lambertville, Michigan

INGREDIENTS

2 cups all-purpose flour

4 eggs, lightly beaten

1/3 cup milk

2 teaspoons salt

2 quarts water

1 tablespoon butter

SERVINGS 6

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl, stir the flour, eggs, milk and salt until smooth (dough will be sticky). In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. (Can add bouillon here). Pour dough into a colander or spaetzle maker coated with nonstick cooking spray; place over boiling water.
    With a wooden spoon, press dough until small pieces drop into boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes or until dumplings are tender and float. Remove with a slotted spoon; toss with butter. Yield: 6 servings.

These are Great. I have made them a lot~     TNT  ~ Alliea

False

How do you keep these from getting crushed in the freezer?  My freezer is not as organized as it should be. :)  I do like any idea that has several uses with only one clean-up.

Bev

False

I just put them in a freezer bag and throw them in the freezer. I let them dry out real good before I freeze them and I don't have any problems with them getting crushed.

False

Cinnamama - could you post your homemade noodles that you mentioned Star had already posted?  I am not finding it and would like a copy.  Thanks. 

False

Bump

False

Here is Debbie's recipe and also some comments that I had saved.

Posted by: cinnamama

Posted on: 11/16/2005 6:19:24 PM

#R6729598

This is the only recipe I have used for years. Every Christmas I am asked to take noodles to my inlaws for dinner and then I have to make more for home. These are the noodles I made for homemade chicken noodle soup the other day when my DS was sick and told me I am a good cook. They can be made ahead of time and thrown in the freezer.

Homemade Noodles

1 cup flour

1 egg

1/4 tsp. butter

1/4 tsp. baking powder

2 1/2 Tbsp. milk

In a bowl place flour, make a well and add remaining ingredients into well. Mix with a fork then with hands until stiff dough. Roll on floured board until very thin. Let stand 20 minutes. Cut into strips. Spread out and let dry for 2 hours or more. Cook as desired.

This is a small batch, I usually triple this batch and freeze part of them for later use. These can also be mixed with a Cuisinart food processor and then rolled by hand or with a noodle machine.

Debbie

Posted by: cinnamama

Posted on: 11/16/2005 6:20:45 PM

#R6729610

I forgot to say that I cook them in chicken broth and chicken or turkey pieces.

Debbie

Posted by: cinnamama #R6733337

Star, I just posted the noodle recipe last night for someone looking for noodles. The soup, I just throw stuff together. I bake boneless chicken breast and then cut it up in chunks. I add chicken broth to the chicken. If I have celery and carrots I cut them up into small pieces and saute them in a little butter until tender. I add a little garlic powder and throw it all together. I then sprinkle with fresh ground pepper. Cook the noodles in the chicken broth mixture until tender. Use enough broth to make a soup. See, nothing exciting-just throw it together.

Hope this helps!

Star

False