QVC-Todays Special-Mrs Prindable Dipped Apples- any copycat recipes or similiar ones out there | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

QVC-Todays Special-Mrs Prindable Dipped Apples- any copycat recipes or similiar ones out there

Last post Dec 01, 2007 7:14 AM by zakons . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • QVC-Todays Special-Mrs Prindable Dipped Apples- any copycat recipes or similiar ones out there
    These looks so good but are expensive. Any ideas out there?
    False
  • RE: QVC-Todays Special-Mrs Prindable Dipped Apples- any copycat recipes or similiar ones out there
    I just bumped up a long thread on how to do them. There's so many variations, but yes, they are easy to do, and sure are much less expensive.

Brenda
    False
  • RE: QVC-Todays Special-Mrs Prindable Dipped Apples- any copycat recipes or similiar ones out there
    Thanks, How do I find the thread? I tried dipped apples??
    False
    found this on the web

mrs prindables copycat apple recipe

List of Ingredients
    6 large red apples
    6 small wooden dowels, (6")
    2 cups caramel, warm
    2 cups melted milk chocolate, warm
    2 cups melted white chocolate, warm
    2 cups melted semi-sweet chocolate, warm
    2 cups pecan pieces, toasted

Recipe
    Wash and pat dry each apple. Place each skewer down the center of each
    apple. Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Dip each apple in
    the caramel sauce, coating completely. Place on the baking sheet and
    refrigerate until firm.

Dip each caramel apple for a second time in the melted milk chocolate,
    coating completely. Place on the baking sheet and refrigerate until firm.
    Dip each apple a third time in the white chocolate, coating completely.
    Place on the baking sheet and refrigerate until firm. Dip each apple for a
    final time in the semi-sweet chocolate, coating completely. Place on the
    baking sheet and sprinkle each apple with the pecans. Refrigerate until firm
    and serve.

Yield: 6 apples
    False
    this was on the food network site from a bobby flay show about christmas in new jersey

Caramel and Chocolate Apples Recipe courtesy Wendy Taffet

User Rating: No Rating

12 Granny Smith apples
    12 lollipop sticks
    1 pound Caramel
    Saran Wrap
    Melted dark, white or milk chocolate
    1/2 cup nuts
    1/2 cup M&M's or favorite candy topping
    Waxed paper

Insert lollipop sticks into core of apples.
    Heat caramel until it becomes liquid. (Can use stove top or microwave). Roll out caramel in between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to flatten. Cut caramel into long strips, about 4 inches long, to fit around apple. Wrap caramel around apple. Stand upright on waxed paper and let set for 15 to 20 minutes.

Melt dark, white or milk chocolate. Pour melted chocolate into a metal bowl. Dip apples into chocolate. Sprinkle chocolate covered apple with nuts, M&M's or your favorite topping. You can also add stripes of dark, white or milk chocolate around the apple. Place decorated apples onto wax paper, standing upright. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.

Episode#: BF1A13
    Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
    False
    I'll put it back onto page 1 of this BB. I assume you are a "newbie"? If you are, welcome!

This thread starts with "ISO..Choc Dipped" by Golfwidow mjd

Brenda
    False
    bump!
    False
    Tria
    :-)
    False
    Thanks everyone. I am not a newbie but I guess I'm just a little slow!! Ha Ha!!
    Some of the recipes say to put the chocolate under the caramel and others say the opposite. Any advice?

Also, besides nuts and M&M's and little choc. chips, toffee, what else could you roll them in? Some of the ones on TV had Oreos- anyone tried that?

Thanks again-- Have a great day!

False
    Any experience or recommendations on "storage time" - and the best way to store if you can keep them while?

TIA

Tria
    False
    Tria
    BUMP
    False
    False
    DOUBLE-DIPPED CHOCOLATE-CARAMEL APPLE

Washing the apples makes coating them much easier.

1 large Red Delicious or Granny Smith apple, washed and dried
    1 wooden chopstick or thin wooden dowel, about 8 inches long
    25 caramels (from a 14-ounce package), unwrapped
    4 ounces good-quality bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, broken in small
    pieces
    3 tablespoons heavy (whipping) cream
    3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds

1. Grease a 5-inch square of waxed paper. Place on a small plate.
    2. Insert chopstick into stem end of apple, being careful not to go all the
    way through.
    3. Microwave 15 of the caramels and 1 tablespoon water in a medium-size
    microwave-safe bowl on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring once, until melted
    and smooth. Or melt in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
    Let stand 1 minute.
    4. Holding stick, dip apple into hot caramel, turning until coated all over
    and caramel is used up. (If needed, use a small metal spatula to help spread
    caramel.) Place on greased paper. Refrigerate 5 minutes.
    5.Meanwhile, melt remaining 10 caramels and 1 1/2 teaspoons water. Dip apple
    a second time. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
    6. While apple chills, microwave chocolate and cream in a medium-size bowl on
    high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, until melted. Or melt in a small saucepan over low
    heat. Stir until smooth.
    7. Put chopped nuts on a plate. Dip apple into chocolate mixture to coat,
    using a small spatula to help spread chocolate. Dip bottom into nuts, then
    roll sides gently in nuts to coat. Spoon remaining nuts over top of apple.
    8. Refrigerate on waxed paper 2 hours, or until hard. Wrap in plastic wrap
    and refrigerate up to 1 week. When ready to eat, unwrap, leave at room
    temperature 20 minutes for caramel to soften, then cut in wedges.

The above recipe (my first experience of cut and paste on here) was from Bebeblues a few years ago.

I'll also try to copy here the further comments.

Brenda
    False
    Double-Dipped Chocolate Caramel Apples Recipe Here
    Posted by: bebeblues Posted on: 9/20/2002 11:07:02 PM
    #R631614
    These make excellent Christmas Gifts. You can also roll in red and green M&M's or Candy Cane pieces, sprinkles etc. I also use the same recipe to make Chocolate Caramel pretzel sticks, then roll them in nuts and mini chocolate chips. I hope you guys like how they turn out! Take Care :o)

Corinna
    False
    Hi! Someone gave us an apple like this for Christmas one year. It was huge! I mean just the apple by itself was very big, but then they added caramel, chocolate, nuts, and something else. It was too good--we had to split it between three people so that no one would eat too much!!

suzana
    False