Why doesn't my banana bread get done? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Why doesn't my banana bread get done?

Last post Dec 08, 2005 9:57 AM by dutchmom4MI . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Why doesn't my banana bread get done?
    For some reason when I bake my banana bread it doesn't want to get done. I bake it at 350 for atleast an hour and my toothpick doesn't come clean and there are undone parts in the middle when we eat it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    False
  • RE: Why doesn't my banana bread get done?
    My bread recipe calls to bake for 65-70 mins....

Have you checked your oven temp lately?
    False
    Leave it in the oven for a few minutes longer. Not all ovens are the same.
    False
    I have been having the same problem with Pumpkin Bread and had to cover it with foil to allow it to finish baking without the top getting too brown.

Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

I've learned to that when making quick breads like this, don't use a dark pan. It makes the outside get done faster than the inside for sure!
    False
    I would say you aren't baking it long enough. You could also try to not fill your loaf pan so full. Save some of the batter and put it in muffin pans. That way you won't burn the top and bottom before cooking the middle of the loaf.

Debbie
    False
    casslepier, thanks for that tip.

When I had that problem I found that my oven temp was off by more than 25 degrees.
    False

You can also try reducing the oil, shortening, butter, or margarine by 1/2 to 1 teaspoon.

False