Recipe Review: Skor Bars (Ritz crackers/Eagle Brand Milk/Skor Bits) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipe Review: Skor Bars (Ritz crackers/Eagle Brand Milk/Skor Bits)

Last post Dec 14, 2005 4:15 PM by noniMN . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • Recipe Review: Skor Bars (Ritz crackers/Eagle Brand Milk/Skor Bits)
    For Tink and everybody else interested-I made these last night using 3 sleeves of Ritz crackers and I baked them in a 9 X 9 pan for 20 minutes. They were not gooey at all and turned out great. Next time I make them, I would like to try using 2 1/2 sleeves of crackers just so that they'd be a tad bit more moist. Tastewise, they were great.

Skor Bars

1 box Ritz crackers, crushed
    1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
    1 bag Skor or Heath bits

Mix the above together and bake in a greased 8 X 8 pan for 20 minutes at 350.
    False
  • RE: Recipe Review: Skor Bars (Ritz crackers/Eagle Brand Milk/Skor Bits)
    Thanks for your review!

Just wondering, did you use the Heath bits in yours? They are the only ones I could find, not the Skor.

False
    I used the Skor but you can use Heath-they're almost identical. My stores here in PA quit selling Skor bits now so from now on I will have to use the Heath bits.
    False
    Just a ?? the recipe calls for a box of Ritz and you said something about 2-1/2 sleeves?? of ritz? What size of box? Also can you use the low fat ritz? Thanks. Sounds easy and yummy.
    WENDY
    False
    I made these last week, too! I only had Town House crackers, and Heath bits (without chocolate), so I used 1/2 bag of Heath bits and 1/2 bag of mini chocolate chips. I used 2 sleeves of crackers in a greased 9x9 pan and baked them about 18 minutes.

These are really delicious and easy!!!
    :)
    Ellen
    False
    Thanks!! I figured out not to cut these until they are TOTALLY cooled off, that is why mine were gooey. Heeheee...

Tink!
    False
    Always treat people they way you want to be treated. ~Tink~
    ponderosapolly-I don't know the exact size of the box of Ritz that I used but you can buy them with 3 sleeves and 4 sleeves of crackers. I bought the 3 sleeve box and used the whole box. Next time I make them, I'd just use 2 1/2 sleeves just so they'd be a bit more gooey. And, I see no reason why you couldn't use low fat crackers or even low fat Eagle Brand milk.
    Hope this helps.......
    False

False
    This may have been asked before, and if so, I apologize, but how finely do you crush the crackers?

Sue
    False
    I made these last night, and thanks for the tip about using only 2 l/2 sleeves, they turned out perfect! Thanks, Ellen for the tip about using half Heath bars and half choc. chips. I used the regular choc. chips and they worked fine. Also, Sue, I put my crackers in a gallon size ziploc bag and used a rolling pin on them. The only problem I had with these is they were hard to get out of the pan, next time I will line the pan with non stick aluminum foil.
    False
    see: http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=612477&catnum=68&headnum=2
    False

Subject: Clarification on the Skor Bar Recipe
    Posted by: _FOOTSIE Replies: 4 Posted on: 12/12/2005 5:58:26 AM
    #T612477

I've been digging around for specifics on this recipe since I first saw it. Everyone says 1 box of Ritz, but Ritz comes in 2, 3 and 4 sleeve boxes. I finally spotted the recipe on several Canadian websites and they all say 1 box (250 gr) Ritz Crackers.

I just happened to have a 3 sleeve box of Ritz and a ditigal kitchen scale lol. The 3 sleeve box is 12 oz (340 gr). I weighed 2 sleeves and added 5 crackers from the 3rd and got 250gr.

So for this recipe you need either 74 ritz cracker or 2 full sleeves and 5 extra.
    False
    Sue-I put my crackers in my food processor and ground them as fine as I could, like a graham cracker crumb. You don't really want big hunks of cracker in them (unless you'd like that).
    False
    bump!
    False
    Tria
    Is that the small - 6 oz. or 12 oz. bag of chips? I know I have them - but not sure of the size in this recipe.

Thanks!
    Tria
    False
    Tria