What is the easiest way to dip candy in chocolate? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What is the easiest way to dip candy in chocolate?

Last post Dec 22, 2005 9:56 AM by TonyaMichelle . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • What is the easiest way to dip candy in chocolate?
    I can't work on any 1 recipe long at the time because of back pain. I need something that is quick.
    False
  • RE: What is the easiest way to dip candy in chocolate?
    Not perfect, but this works for me.

Had a couple mis-matched dinner forks. Bent the tines of one forward at a right angle so the tines and handle formed a capital letter "L."

Set the candy on the tines, hold the handle, and dip the candy into the chocolate.

Might be worth a try.

Linda
    False
    At school we used an old fork that had the two center tines cut out and the outer two tines bent to the 'L' shape. The handle was also curved so it could be looped around your finger. A spoon was also bent on the handle the same way and they worked wonders.

Maybe ask someone to help you?
    False
    I have used a meat fork also. And for trufles, bon bons, that kind of candy, I use my fingers. Dip the piece in the chocolate, shake off excess now kind of put the top of the piece of candy on the bottom (on the wax paper) and twirl the excess chocolate on the top. Don't know if this makes any sense, but try it and you might understand. Hope this helps.
    Debbie
    False
    I've always dipped by hand. My right hand, thumb and index finger. It takes some practise, but I'm good at it now.
    False
    toothpicks
    False
     Photobucket
    I don't have anybody to help me. My husband is at work and when he comes home he is so cold and tired he usualy falls asleep in the recliner. He is about sick and freezing to death. I don't have any neighbors. My kids are all moved away.
    False
    CathyLew,
    I don't know if this will help. I have not tried this. But I once read (probably on this BB) You can put the pan of chocolate on a heating pad turned on low. That helps the chocolate from sitting up too fast. It is supposed to keep it warm enough to work with but not get hard.
    Wish I could be of more help.
    Take care & I hope your back gets to feeling better soon.
    dawnj
    False
    keep your melted chocolate in a small crockpot (one for dips and such), sit when you can, pull a stool up to the counter your working at.
    False
    Amy
    little plastic cocktail forks work better than toothpicks. They don't fall off as easily.

~Teri
    False

i bought that chocolate factory thing on tv.it comes with utensils for dipping.i love it
    False
    Tonya Longshore