What do you serve with baked beans? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What do you serve with baked beans?

Last post Jul 27, 2014 4:19 PM by annrms . 18 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12
  • What do you serve with baked beans?
    Other than some warm biscuits or bread, I am at a loss as to what I should serve with the baked beans that have been simmering in my crockpot all day. What do you serve with baked beans when the beans are the main dish?
    False
  • RE: What do you serve with baked beans?

A crisp green salad would to it for me.
    False
    I usually have them as a side dish, hamburgers or hotdogs for us,

But maybe coleslaw and cornbread.
    False
    Amy
    I have always served them as a side dish with hotdogs, burgers, ribs, or Johnsonville brats. As a main course I would have either a fruit salad or green salad and some cornbread. I'll bet your kitchen smells great if they have been simmering all day! Enjoy.
    False
    I've never had baked beans as a main dish. I've always served as a side dish at picnics or with a meal of hot dogs, hamburgers or breaded chicken sandwiches.

Sounds yummy-baked beans :)

Good luck
    False
    Yes, I serve them as a side, also--usually in place of potatoes or other starch. I'd serve them with ham, most likely
    False
    We like just some kind of bread with the baked beans. That's it!
    False
    A couple years ago my SIL had an impromptu family get together when her grown kids were home. She made a huge pot of yummy baked beans (the 3 bean kind with hamburger) and served it with good French Bread and a green salad, with an apple cake for dessert. We had such fun and so did she as she was able to do all her prep before anyone got there an it was such a homey comfort meal. We all brought a snack and our favorite beverage.
    False
    I always serve baked beans with meatloaf and baked potatoes. They just seem to "go together"! :o)
    False
    Never served them as a main dish but they sure do sound yummy! We always had burgers, hot dogs, brats or Kielbasa and cole slaw.

pegg
    False

pegg

PADutch that was a flash from the past for me. My mother did the same thing.

We eat grilled food with ours, ribs, chicken, burgers, hot dogs.
    False
    My step-mother always did mashed potatoes when she made baked beans. We'd have fried chicken or meatloaf with the above. Carol
    False

Carol

In our family they are a side dish to meatloaf or sloppy joes, usually. I have enver had them as a main dish.

I would think a green salad or coleslaw would be a good accompaniment.
    False
    jebar,
    In the winter we have the baked beans with the meatloaf and baked potato, BUT in the summer, we serve them with grilled food too, just seems to "go together"!! :o)
    False
    I like to serve baked beans with fresh fried fish - MMMM!
    False