Oven Baked Glazed Carrots | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Oven Baked Glazed Carrots

Last post Jan 26, 2004 4:47 PM by dosedoTX . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Oven Baked Glazed Carrots
    I used a recipe for oven baked glazed carrots to cater a dinner at church & everybody loved them. I have it on the menu again for Feb. & CAN'T FIND THE RECIPE. I tried the search for glazed carrots, but no way can I go through all of them. If anybody has this recipe, I'd be very grateful.
    False
  • RE: Oven Baked Glazed Carrots
    Perhaps you can adapt this?

Orange Glazed Carrots and Parsnips

This recipe is cooked in the microwave. It can easily be baked in a 375 degree oven --- just get that sauce syrupy and the carrots and parsnips tender.

3 medium carrots
    3 medium parsnips
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 leeks, finely chopped
    1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
    1 teaspoon grated orange zest
    2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons honey
    Salt and pepper to taste

Wash and peel carrots and parsnips. Slice carrots diagonally 1/8-inch thick. Slice parsnips diagonally 1/4-inch thick. Place 1 tablespoon of the butter in a 2-quart microwave-safe baking dish. Cook on high until melted. Add Leeks. Cover the dish with plastic wrap, leaving one corner uncovered to vent steam. Cook for 1 minute.

Add ginger and orange zest; cook on high, covered, for another minute. Add carrots and toss to coat with butter. Add the orange juice and soy sauce; cook on high for 3 minutes. Add parsnips, honey, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 7 minutes or until sauce has a syrupy consistency. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and serve. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
    False
    Thank you tvlcat! This isn't the one I was looking for, but it does sound yummy. My family loves parsnips. I'll be sure to give it a try.
    False
    sorry, i knew it was not what you were looking for but thought it might give you a hint or jog your memory on the original one. :)
    False
    Was it from one of the Reiman magazines?
    False
    This sounds like an easy one.

Broiled Glazed Carrots
    1 pkg. baby carrots, the small ones peeled already
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 stick butter
    1/3 cup honey
    Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes at 375.
    False