Mini Quiches (Make Ahead) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Mini Quiches (Make Ahead)

Last post Dec 30, 2005 10:25 AM by kanke2neko . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Mini Quiches (Make Ahead)
    Subject: Mini Quiches (Make Ahead)
    Posted by: arelabs Replies: 3 Posted on: 1/25/2004 11:40:20 AM
    #T292491

1 pkg refrigerated butterflake dinner rolls (12 rolls)

Filling:
    1/2 c milk
    1 egg, beaten slightly
    1/4 t salt
    1/8 t pepper
    1/2 c (2-oz) shredded Cheddar cheese (can use Swiss)
    6 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
    2T minced onion
    1T minced green pepper
    (Note: make sure onion and green pepper are minced finely so it can cook)

Grease 2 dozen 1 3/4" muffin pans. Separate each dinner roll in half; press into muffin pans to make shell.

Combine milk, egg, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir in cheese, bacon, onion and green pepper. Pour filling into shells. Bake in 375° oven for 10-12 minutes.
    Makes 24 appetizers.

Can be baked, wrapped in foil and frozen. To serve, place frozen appetizers on baking sheet and bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.

Arlene
    False
  • RE: Mini Quiches (Make Ahead)
    Dumb question!
    Is this the regular size muffin pan or the mini?
    I have no clue as to the 1 3/4" size.

Gail

They sound really good though
    False
    This is the place to come when you have questions! The recipe is for the mini-muffin tins.

Arlene
    False
    Wow. I've made these at least half a dozen times now and I always used a REGULAR sized muffin/cupcake pan. I never even considered using a mini-muffin pan. It doesn't seem like you would get much of the filling just more of the biscuit when using the mini pan.

Either way when my family has brunch once a month this is the MUST HAVE recipe for me to bring. It's become a stable at our brunch and is delicious and easy to make. I really like being able to bake them a day before and freezing them for the next day.

A helpful hint if you freeze and re-bake is to underbake the quiche the first time. This way your biscuit crust doesn't overcook the second time baking. Overbaked Grands dinner rolls are not tasty. :-)
    False