Cool Whip Makes the BEST Frosting! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Cool Whip Makes the BEST Frosting!

Last post Jun 17, 2012 7:00 PM by jkc2174 . 38 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 123
  • Cool Whip Makes the BEST Frosting!
    You all may already know this trick, but I thought I would share anyway. I made a coconut cream cake this weekend and didn't want a really heavy icing. A girlfriend told me to use a 12 oz Cool whip and 2 pkgs instant jello beaten in a stand mixer for 15-20 minutes. It turns into a wonderful fluffy frotsing. It doesn't remain Cool Whip consistency--and low fat too! Emily
    False
  • RE: Cool Whip Makes the BEST Frosting!
    You are referring to the instant pudding (Jello) - right? Sounds very tasty.
    I have used it (cool whip and/or whipped cream out of the can) as a substitute for milk (or part of the milk) sometimes in frosting (uncooked type/conf., etc.) as it adds volume - and a bit of richness.
    Tria
    False
    Tria
    Yes, I tried that before and it's very good. Another thing I've heard of, but I haven't tried yet is to mix a package of Jello (your favorite flavor) with the Cool Whip for a light fruity icing. (strawberry, orange, etc) I'm sure it's yummy too!
    False
    does the cake need to be refrigerated then?
    False
    Ok, do you use jello or instant pudding?

Debbie
    False
    are you talking about instant pudding Jello brand or actually JELLO like orange or strawberry? Either way sounds great! We use the frosting out of the can and mix with coolwhip and thats really good too!
    False
    Here is what I found on another thread.

RE: Walmart Cake Icing--ISO Recipe for this type of fluffy light icing
    Posted by: CajunGirl_LA Posted on: 1/23/2006 7:26:05 AM
    #R7044599

I'm sure it's Cool Whip mixed with Instant Pudding. Mix 12 oz. Cool Whip with 2 small boxes instant pudding and beat until thick. You can use any flavor you want.

False

Put On A Happy Face

Sorry this one took me so long to get back to! It is indeed jello pudding mix. I used 2 pkgs coconut cream pudding to go on my coconut cake, and it was sinful! My girlfriend makes a french vanilla cake and uses 2 white chocolate pudding mixes, and then tops with strawberries. This is my new favorite frosting--it tastes so rich and silky but is truly low fat! Emily
    False
    False
    I use that a lot of icing because you can use the sugar free pudding. And now that they have sugar free cool whip, I am looking forward to trying that.. Thanks for sharing, Emily!

♥Marcia
    False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/ Christmas countdown banner

April Fools Day countdown banner

Hi Emily,
    One more question. Is the beating time actually 15 minutes? That just seems like a very long time.

Thanks in advance! This sounds great and easy!!
    False
    I don't have a stand mixer, just a kitchen aid hand one. Do you really have to beat for 15 minutes?
    False
    emilyjane~~` Both cakes sound divine as well as the easy frosting recipe~~ Yumm Janie~~

Thanks so much for sharing~~

Chocolate here I come!!!
    False
    The frosting is even better is you use 8 oz. cream cheese, 12 oz. cool whip and 1 pkg. instant pudding. Yummy and not too sweet!
    False
    I do beat for fifteen minutes--the cool whip consistency has to change to a light, buttery frosting. It may not take everyone the entire time--just make sure it's not stll at a "sticky" stage, or you will never frost your cake with it! Emily
    False