Sex in a Pan Recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Sex in a Pan Recipe

Last post Feb 05, 2006 9:39 PM by EdizinAz . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Sex in a Pan Recipe
    Sex in a Pan Recipe

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup flour
    1/2 cup butter or margarine
    3/4 cup chopped pecans
    1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
    1 cup confectioners' sugar
    1 tub whipped topping, 32 ounces
    1 package (4oz) vanilla instant pudding
    1 package (4oz) chocolate instant pudding
    3 cups cold milk, divided
    1 square semi-sweet chocolate, shaved, or mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

PREPARATION:
    Combine flour, butter and pecans and press into a 9x13x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool in pan on rack.

Combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar and spread over pecan mixture. Spread half of the whipped topping over the cream cheese layer.

Mix package of vanilla pudding using 1-1/2 cups of milk. Spoon evenly over the whipped topping; spread until layer is even. Mix package of chocolate pudding using remaining 1-1/2 cups milk. Spread on top of vanilla pudding. Spread remaining whipped topping on top and sprinkle with shaved semi-sweet chocolate or mini chocolate chips.

False
  • RE: Sex in a Pan Recipe
    This sounds very good.

Is that really 32 ounces of whipped topping?

Ed
    False
    sounds yummy. thanks for the post.
    False
    Ed, this is my copy of the same recipe. Think I'll do a little more research, they are quite a bit differnt. I've used mine numerous times before though.....
    Jill

SEX IN A PAN
    (From Kathy)

1st layer:
    1 cup flour
    1 cup chopped pecans
    1 stick of butter, melted
    Mix and press in a 13 x 9” baking pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, and then cool.
    2nd layer:
    8 oz cream cheese, softened
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 cup cool whip
    Mix; layer on crust
    3rd layer:
    1 package (3 oz) package of chocolate instant pudding
    1 package (3 oz) package of vanilla instant pudding
    3 cups milk
    Mix well; add onto second layer
    4th layer:
    Spread cool whip over and sprinkle with shaved chocolate curls.
    MAJOR YUMMY!
    False
    I guess they're not that different. I miss read her pudding instructions. I thought that was 1-1/2 cups total milk for both puddings, because I mix them together. There are other posts that show quite a bit more whipped cream though, so I guess wait for RRG to come back.
    Jill
    False
    Ed I looked at the recipe book I compiled years ago for my group of co-worker and this recipe was made for us, so they were all tried and true. It read as one LARGE container for the first go round in it, then ANOTHER large container. Ok, I have made this before but I wanted to check exactly which was the large size I used, it was the 16 oz for the first and 16 ozs for the second. Also for the second pudding instead of using vanilla I used butterscotch and the other was chocolate for a great change as well. Hope you enjoy it, I know this recipe goes over great with the guest and great at barbecues and pot lucks, it is a keeper. Hope this helps you Ed, Connie
    False
    All the versions I have seen called for 4 cups of cool whip or 2 16 oz or 1 32 container. If 8 oz is a cup; 32 oz would be right.
    False
    Sorry ladiies, I'm still not convinced. My Cool Whip container (8 oz.) contains 3 cups. Four of them (32 oz) would equal 12 cups.

RRG: you're saying spread SIX CUPS over the cream cheese layer and then SIX MORE CUPS on top of the chocolate pudding.

Jill: you use 1 cup of Cool Whip then spread Cool Whip over it - not nearly the TWELVE CUPS which would be in the 32 ounces.

Connie: your method does, indeed, use the 12 cups.

RRG: a "cup" isn't always a cup. If it calls for "4 cups" that's an 8 0z container (3 cups) plus 1 more cup from another tub. I don't have any 12 oz tubs on hand but I beleive they contain about 4 1/2 cups, which is what I probably would have used in the case where you sais it called for 4 cups.

I just hate it when this happens. LOL

Ed
    False