What Brand Of Frozen Meatballs Do You Consider The Best?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What Brand Of Frozen Meatballs Do You Consider The Best??

Last post Apr 22, 2013 7:18 PM by Joypebble . 22 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 12
  • What Brand Of Frozen Meatballs Do You Consider The Best??
    I plan to make spaghetti with meatballs in the crockpot soon...from a recipe in my today's newspaper. It calls for using the frozen meatballs; I have never bought them before, so don't know which are the best tasting. I really don't like too spicy though.

So, please if you do use them, which brand?

Thanks so much,
    mountain mama
    False
  • RE: What Brand Of Frozen Meatballs Do You Consider The Best??
    I love the simek's brand. It may be regional to MN where I live.
    False
    Wal-Mart and Sam's Clubs has some good Italian style frozen meatballs, I've eaten at my DD's, but I don't remember the brand.

Margaret
    False

If your spirit is grateful and humble / your tongue won't constantly grumble.
    This is our favorite frozen brand that Kroger carries:

Mama Lucia's Quaker Maid Italian Brand
    False

Cool

I prefer Armour homestyle meatballs.
    False
    I only use Simeks frozen meatballs.
    Jodi
    False
    Sorry, I can't remember the name either, but I get them at WalMart. I like them much better than Armour.
    False
    My favorite ones are from Wal-Mart. They're called Cooked Perfect by Home Market Foods. The bag is red, white, and green. They are flame broiled, have no msg, and no artificial color or flavoring. They're really good and don't have that nasty after taste.

Mellissa
    False

I prefer the Italian Style from Sam's also. Didn't like the ones from costco.
    False
    Don't mean to be contrary - but making meatballs is the easiest thing to do.
    1 # Ground beef
    2 tbs minced onions
    1/2 cup bread crumbs
    3 eggs
    2 tbs italian seasoning
    make into balls - brown quickly in a bit of veg oil.
    Add 1/2 cup water - put lid on pan and steam for a bit. Cook until cooked through.
    Drain on paper towels -
    place on cookie sheet and freeze - place in freezer bags and volaa!! you have frozen meatballs.
    Just a thought,
    Janetplanet
    False
    We've tried the Purdue Turkey Meatballs in the refrigerator section, they were pretty good.

False
    Thanks everyone for letting me know which brand you use......and thanks JanetPlanet for the recipe. I did print it out.

mountain mama
    False
    I don't like store-bought frozen meatballs. All I have tried have a chemical or preservative taste. I
    agree with the other poster, meatballs are easy to make and you can season them anyway you want.
    False
    Click for Red House, West Virginia Forecast Bailey
    The only kind I like was the kind Walmart USE to carry, Rosina. They were the best. Late last summer/early fall they switched to Bert_ _ _ _ _ (don't remember the name) but they are soft and mushy (more soy than anything else?). Have not made my Meatball Tortellini Soup all season and didn't make my cocktail meatballs at Christmas/SuperBowl because of it. Have searched many local stores and can't find them. Grrrrrr
    False
    Do you have an Italian market in your area? I'd recommend trying theirs, if you do. Most have homemade meatballs, I find, and they're far superior to any you can buy. Living in the Philadelphia area, we've got a number of places like that around. I generally buy my meatballs at a little pasta factory in my town--they make their own gourmet fresh and dried pastas. They sell wholsesale to specialty stores and restaurants--but they have a little shop on premises where you can buy their pasta, homemade sauces, homemade meatballs and lots of fantastic imported cheeses, etc.

If you don't have something like that, the ones from Omaha Steaks aren't bad--I've bought them on occasion when the store has them on a really good sale.
    False