ISO Paula Deen's Lemon Drops | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO Paula Deen's Lemon Drops

Last post Feb 24, 2006 7:06 PM by talldoc . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • ISO Paula Deen's Lemon Drops
    Im looking for the recipe Lemon Drops from Paula Deen. I believe that it has some kind of cake mix in it. Thanks in advance!
    False
  • RE: ISO Paula Deen's Lemon Drops
    LEMON BLOSSOMS

18 1/2-ounce package yellow cake mix
    3 1/2 oz. package instant lemon pudding mix
    4 large eggs
    3/4 cup vegetable oil

Glaze:
    4 cups powdered sugar
    1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
    1 lemon, zested
    3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
    2 Tablespoons water

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
    Spray miniature muffin tins with cooking spray or oil. Combine the cake mix, pudding, eggs and oil and blend well with an electric mixer. Fill muffin tins halfway and bake for 12 minutes. Turn out onto towel.

With fingers, dip the cupcakes into the glaze while they're still warm turning completely to coat or spoon glaze over. Place on wire racks for about one hour to coll and set the glaze. Store in containers with tight fitting lid. Yields about 5 dozen.

I have made a couple of batches. Very easy and tasty. I'm sure you could substitute orange or lime for the lemon if you wished.
    False
    Suggestion: poke a fork into the bottoms of the cakes and dip and twirl in the glaze.
    False
    a friend has tried to make these twice and having a problem..Can anyone help?

have made it twice and still it doesn't come out right. I have made it exacty from the recipe. I have made them in mini muffins tins and also the regular ones and each time the blossums fall way down to the bottom. It has a huge indention in it so rather than dipping the glaze into it I have to spoon it on. They are suppose to look like cake-like cupcakes. I get small flat discs. Can anyone tell me why this happens

False
    MoJan,

I haven't made these so I can't say from experience, but if I remember right, when Paula did them on her show, they looked like they fell on the top. Maybe they are supposed to fall a little bit??

Anyone who has made them - did they do this to you?

Lisa

False
    Yes, they look like they have a small dent in the top. As far as MoJan's problems, are you filling the mini muffin cups half full? The only other thing I can think of is are you using instant pudding mix? You have to use instant and not cook and serve.
    False