Chick-Fil-A Polynesian sauce recipe? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Chick-Fil-A Polynesian sauce recipe?

Last post Dec 30, 2011 11:36 PM by wycked1 . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Chick-Fil-A Polynesian sauce recipe?
    Hi, Does anyone have a recipe for a dipping sauce similar to the red Polynesian sauce used by Chick-Fil-A? I think it is the best sauce ever, and would love to be able to replicate this at home. Thanks!
    False
  • RE: Chick-Fil-A Polynesian sauce recipe?
    I too love that sauce! I can't wait to see if you get any replies.

Ruth
    False

I did a google search and you're not the only ones looking for it! Closest thing I found was a post saying that Ken's Country French Dressing tasted similar. I haven't tried it, so I don't know.

False
    Polynesian Sauce
    Nutritional information

Ingredients: High fructose corn syrup, soybean oil, corn-cider vinegar, distilled vinegar (grain source varies), tomato paste, salt, paprika, modified food starch (from corn), spices, honey, beet juice concentrate, natural flavors, xanthan gum, onion*, garlic*, propylene glycol alginate.
    *dehydrated

Return to Dressings & Sauces
    False
    We had Chick Fil A today. It is always so goood. I love it.
    False
    Sweet and sour polynesian sauce recipe

send to friend / print recipe

See related cooking terms: Chicken, Pork, Sauce

Yield: 1

Sweet and sour polynesian sauce ingredients
    1/2 cup Pineapple juice

1/4 cup Honey

3 tbsp. worchestershire sause

1 1/2 tsp. Ground ginger

1 tsp. Salt

1/2 tsp. garlic Powder

How to Prepare Sweet and sour polynesian sauce
    1. Combine all ingredients and use to brush over ribs, chicken or pork during the last 15 minutes of cooking (makes one cup sauce).

False
    Oh YUMMY redraspberrygirl...that first recipe sounds good! I have some xanthan gum and propylene glycol alginate that I need to use before it gets old!! LOL

♥ wink ♥
    False
  • Re: Chick-Fil-A Polynesian sauce recipe?

Hey Spideygirl,

The closest thing I have found to this sauce is Russian dressing.  It is very similar but not quite.  I live in the same town as Truet Cathy (founder of Chik-Fil-A)  It is a small town.   I love this sauce also and spoke with Mr Cathy once about it.  He said he couldn't give me a recipe but offered me another suggestion (as we live 25 miles from the closest restaurant).  It you find a larger Chik-Fil-A ,not the smaller strictly drive through one, ask for a catering size Polynesian sauce.  It is only about 2.50 and last in the refrigerator for about a month.  So when I am near a restaurant I always pick up a tub and have it on hand.  Hope this helps.

False

The owner/manager of a local Chick-Fil-A told me the polynesian sauce is actually Marzetti Honey French dressing.  Hope this helps!
    False

Observe...

The following is a content list of the Chik-fil-a Polynesian sauce packet and the same for Marzetti Honey French Dressing (available at your local walmart)

Polynesian Sauce
    Nutritional information 

Ingredients: High fructose corn syrup, soybean oil, corn-cider vinegar, distilled vinegar (grain source varies), tomato paste, salt, paprika, modified food starch (from corn), spices, honey, beet juice concentrate, natural flavors, xanthan gum, onion*, garlic*, propylene glycol alginate.
    *dehydrated

Marzetti Honey French Dressing

High Fructose Corn Syrup, Soybean Oil, Corn-Cider Vinegar, Tomato Paste, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Paprika, Spices (Including Mustard Seed), Honey, Beet Juice Concentrate, Onion*, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Garlic*. *Dehydrated.

False