Need ideas for centerpieces for baby shower... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need ideas for centerpieces for baby shower...

Last post Jul 25, 2006 9:39 AM by LATICIA . 16 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12
  • Need ideas for centerpieces for baby shower...
    Does anyone have any cute ideas - for both the food table and the other tables? (It is actually a luncheon, so we will be having a meal at the smaller tables) Thanks !

Lisa
    False
  • RE: Need ideas for centerpieces for baby shower...
    What kind of theme is it? You could always do flowers or balloons but it would be cute to have something to go with the theme.
    False
    Alabama Gal,
    We used lots of hellium ballons and ribbons and on the gift table we had a GIANT baby bottle bank filled with stuff for the baby. You could use booties or get towels and fold them like ducks and rabbits and things for the tables.
    Go to yahoo and type in Baby Shower and you will find all sorts of ideals to not only decorate with but games to play and such. That is where I got almost all of my ideals for my DIL shower. And we had a BLAST. And everyone bragged how pretty everything was !
    Nancy
    False
    Thanks for the ideas!

Lisa
    False
    For the food table, you could always get one of the Edible Bouquets of fruit~They are beautiful and that could be your fruit platter too!

Amy
    False

Plastic baby bottles filled with pink & blue jelly beans! you can put some flowers around the base, maybe even small wreaths...?
    we also had balloons that we put diapers on ,very cute!
    False
    I had a clear plastic silverware tote, mine was 3 cylinders hooked together. I put shinny pink and blue confetti strips inside below the silverware..Sure looked nice. Also sprinkled pink and blue confetti arount the table..And had an bigger Precious Moments Music box Chest on the table..

At one shower we used a baby crib to put the gifts in until they were opened..Shinny balloons always makes any shower festive....without streamers etc...
    False

Have you seen how you can make a cake out of diapers? I've never done it but I'm sure there's a site somewhere that could show you how. I've also seen a baby bottle bundt cake: Basically a bundt cake with a baby bottle in the middle, filled with candy or something to guess how many as part of a door prize.

The shower I threw for SIL had a storybook theme, with books next to the platters of food to describe and decorate. We had:
    Peter Pipers Peppers (stuffed peppers)
    Little Boy Blue's haystack (chicken shoestring salad
    Mistress Mary's Garden (veggie plate)
    Curds and Whey (cottage cheese veggie dip)
    Green Eggs and Ham (!)
    Queen of Hearts Tarts (fruit tarts)
    If you give a Mouse a cookie (!)
    Sugar and Spice Punch (cinnamon spiced punch)

False
    If I remember, mine had flowers in baby bottles used as vases. I love the idea of putting the presents in a crib! How cute!
    False
    http://www.mymiraclebaby.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=diaper
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    http://www.simplybabystuff.com/cenidforbabs.html
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    My daughter just started her own baby centerpiece business....
    www.heybabycakes.net will be up and running in a few days.

This might be a great idea for you to work from.
    False
    At my DD shower I made bingo sheets for each guest. Got baby stickers to put in the free spot. Had one sitting with a pencil at each place setting. (sort of like a placemat) I made pink and blue ones...We had each guest write a gift the new mother or baby would need or use...(that is all we said)..When the new mother opened her gifts, they would cross off, or else put corns or something on each space that matched what THEY wrote..You could play up and down , crosswise and at the end who filled their card up...(don't give it away ahead of time or they will write everything they themselves brought to the shower..It is a fun game...and it looked nice on the table... We also folded the napkins to look like a kimono...
    False
    At my sisters baby shower my cousin and I bought lots of stuffed animals from Walmart and Target and used them to decorate tables, stairs etc.

Got 4" pots and filled them with potted violets and put ribbons to decorate the flowers. On the pots we painted each guest name along the top rim and used these as place setting.
    In the pot we also put a flower decorated pen so that each guest could write words of advice for the new parents to be. We used blank note cards that matched the invitations.

We took acrylic self standing frames and printed out a Thank You from the Baby and, lucky for us, found baby bassinet magnets to use as decorations on the frames, we removed the magnet. These were also placed at each persons plate. Pictures were taken with each guest with the mother and sent with the Thank You cards to be placed in the frames at a later date.

We also had chocolate suckers in the shape of a carriage with a thank you sticker on the back with the parents names. Guests took these as they left.

I know that this sounds like a lot but most of it was found at inepensive stores and I dont think we spent more than $10.00 per person. The magnet baby bassinets were found at a thrift store by my cousins mil for .25cents a dozen. We had a few other things on the tables such as individual crystal candy dishes that I had purchased at the Mikasa outlet for $1.00 each reg. $10.00 We had 40 people at the shower and my sister opened presents solidly for 4 hours, that is one of the reasons we spent as much as we did. We also served a formal luncheon with crystal, china etc. so even if we had not had several things to give the tables would have been great. We found that renting china etc. was not much more expensive than buying paper plates, plastic wear etc.
    Denise

False
    When I gave a baby shower for a friend I used the bassinet I had in storage for the gifts .
    False