How can I reheat a pork roast? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How can I reheat a pork roast?

Last post Mar 08, 2006 8:02 PM by retteacher . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • How can I reheat a pork roast?
    I made a yummy honey mustard pork roast on Monday. I would like to finish it tonight. Can I add a little water the bottom of pan and slowly reheat it in the oven covered?
    False
  • RE: How can I reheat a pork roast?
    I don't know why that wouldn't work.
    I usually make gravy with a pork roast and then slice and reheat in the gravy.
    Brenda
    False
    ~~ Brenda ~~
    I'm am far from an expert, but I wonder if slicing it first might help prevent it from drying out while reheating? I don't know, but am just thinking that it will reheat faster if cut first.....Will check back to see what others say!

Amy
    False

I will cut it first. I am going to cook it at 300. Just until heated.
    False
    I would think it would be more likely to dry out if it is sliced. Try wrapping it well in foil with a small (1/2 cup) amount of water. If you have a meat thermometer, you should probably use it, as you want to get it up to a safe temperature.

Kathie
    False
    Turns out DH wanted cheeseburgers and the kids only wanted cereal. Oh well.
    False
    I usually just shred it up and spice it up with garlic, onion, cajun, taco, ect. Heat in the microwave. Then put on buns or bread for hot pork sandwiches.

Many times I cook up many pork (or beef) roasts in my crock pot & shred them up and freeze them in old "cool whip" containers for emergercy meals.

In fact we are eating pork sandwiches ... yesterday & today ... since I had to work late. My family loves them! I think I put some cajun in these ... yummy!

Good Luck! Kari
    False
    Could you just shred it, and add it to some BBQ Sauce? I let it sit like that overnight in the refrigerator, and then heat it up in a pan with more BBQ sauce the next day.

Then put it on some rolls to eat!
    False
    I sliced my leftovers at Christmas, put on a microwave plate, covered with plastic wrap, and reheated in the microwave. Worked great. Still moist and tender.
    False