What to do with leftover croissants??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to do with leftover croissants???

Last post Mar 21, 2006 2:03 PM by Angielikes2cook_KY . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • What to do with leftover croissants???
    HI! I have a ton of leftover croissants and I don't know what to do with them!!! I've never gotten any from the store before, and I got some for a get together and have a bunch left. Do you have any good recipes? I did a search but nothing really struck me, or the ones that did I didn't have the right ingredients for. I know so many people on here have great ideas. Thanks so much for the help!
    False
  • RE: What to do with leftover croissants???
    I freeze them - well wrapped - individually wrapped in foil - then placed in a freezer bag. They reheat in the oven - or toaster oven - I open the foil just a bit after heating a little - and they taste nice and crispy!

Tria
    False
    Tria
    Bread Pudding!!!! Here's our family recipe.

cilla/NW FL

Bread Pudding

1 stick butter or margarine
    1 1/2 c. sugar
    2 c. milk, heated
    3 eggs
    3 t. vanilla
    1 t. (or more) nutmeg
    8 slices bread, cubed
    chopped nuts, if desired
    raisins, if desired

Cream butter & sugar. Add eggs. Add warmed milk, vanilla and nutmeg. Mix well.

In greased 2 qt. baking dish, place cubed bread. Pour liquid mixture over bread cubes. Push bread into liquid. Add raisins and/or nuts now.

Bake in preheated 350ºF oven for 1 hour.

If you want liquor in this (bourbon, amaretto, rum), leave some of the milk out. Warm the milk and add liquor to 2 cups (2 c. liquid total).
    False

cilla / NW FL  

thanks. bumping for more
    False
    You can make French Toast with them!
    Penny
    False
    I love ham & cheese sandwiches made with them! YUM!

connieh
    False
    I freeze my leftovers also. They make great French toast, and chicken salad sandwiches. Also make ham and cheese and heat until the cheese melts a bit. Great.
    False
    You could use them for breakfast. Ham, egg and cheese or Sausage, bacon, egg and cheese-my favorite!! I have always messed them up at Burger King or McDonald's when I ordered a biscuit w/sausage bacon and cheese-they messed up EVERY time. Now they are making something like this! Now they finally got my point I guess! ;)

Angie
    False
    Hugs, Angie Visit my blog http://5kidsmyhusbandandme.blogspot.com/