what do you serve with brisket? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

what do you serve with brisket?

Last post May 04, 2010 8:37 PM by Pegg_KS . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • what do you serve with brisket?
    My husband loves to make beef briskets and I'm not quite sure what to serve to compliment the brisket.

Thanks
    False
  • RE: what do you serve with brisket?
    My dad makes the best beef brisket (not corned beef) and the last time I was at his house, he served it with a light horseradish/mayonaisse dip (to dip your meat in), lemon/garlic roasted asparagus, rice pilaf, and then tomato/cucumber salad.

I don't know what he does but it is scrumptious. :)

Jodi
    False
    thanks Jodi!
    False
    You're welcome :) hope your dinner turns out lovely, let us know what you end up making!

Jodi
    False
    We usually have baked beans, coleslaw & campfire potatoes:)
    Karen
    False
    Our briskets are usually smoked or barbequed and the side dishes are pretty standard ones for us.

Potato salad or coleslaw
    BBQ baked beans
    Crusty rolls
    Relish plate of sliced onions, jalapeno peppers, cherry peppers, pepperocini peppers, pickles, etc.
    Deviled eggs
    And always, sweet iced tea
    False
    Thanks everyone for your help! I'll let you know how it goes
    False
  • Re: RE: what do you serve with brisket?

I make cheesy scalloped potatos to serve with my brisket.  I also take 1/2 of the brisket for my double sided crock pot.  I split the half and one side I add my fav BBQ sauce and the other side I add 1package of onion soup mix and 1 can (10.5 ounces) of condensed beef broth.  That way we have brisket for slicing, BBQ sandwiches, and French Dip Sandwiches.  I buy both Hamburger Buns and crusty french rolls for the sandwiches.  I also serve some type of baked beans.   This is great when you are having family get togethers.  It feeds alot of people.

False
  • Re: RE: what do you serve with brisket?

I've never seen a double sided crockpot, what brand is it and where can they be found??  Sounds like a winner to me for doing your briskets!!!  Thanks for any help!

False

pegg