Must Have this Recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Must Have this Recipe

Last post Apr 04, 2006 11:41 AM by pigon . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Must Have this Recipe
    I am looking for the true "Champagne Cake", "Chocolate Champagne Cake", and Bismark recipe from Smith's Bakery in Bakersfield, Ca, or Porterville, Ca. My family has been enjoying these for generations, however, we now live in a area that has no Smith's Bakery's. Can anyone help.

Pigon
    False
  • RE: Must Have this Recipe

,·´º o`·,/__/ _/\_ //____/\
    ```)¨(´´´    l±±±±
    ¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°

Hi, I'm LindaChicken from NE.Oklahoma.I don't have the recipe you want but wanted to say hello!! Nice to see you here!

We are glad you've joined us -- please make yourself at home. Feel free to join in anywhere and have some fun! Once you get comfy and while you're looking around, please share your favorite recipes -- if that's something you would like to do!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. We are all friendly and here to help each other. We look forward to getting to know you.We hope you enjoy your time here -- see you on the boards. ☺

Here are 2 links for you . They will help you find interesting and useful information to help you make the most of your time on this wonderful BB...in just no time I hope you find that you have found a new family here!

Have fun !

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=206197&catnum=68&headnum=2

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=187022&catnum=68&headnum=2

♥LindaChicken

♡ God Bless our Troops ♡

Hugs to ya! Waving from Oklahoma......

False

Photobucket

Welcome to the board.

I found this website:

http://www.smithsbakeries.com/special/index.htm

They do not ship. Their products have to be picked up at the store.

Sorry

False
    Pink Champagne Cake
    1 (18.25 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix
    1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
    2 envelopes whipped cream topping mix
    1 1/4 cups pink champagne, flat
    4 egg whites
    1 teaspoon champagne flavoring
    1 whole egg
    Small amount of pink food coloring

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Beat all ingredients together in a mixer for 3 minutes. Batter will be a blush color. Pour into greased, floured pans. Bake until it tests done.
    False
    Chef Barnes' Strawberry Champagne Torte

Ingredients:

1 cup champagne
    4 egg yolks
    1/3 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 lemon, juiced
    1 cup heavy cream
    1/4 oz. gelatine
    1/2 cup champagne
    1 vanilla bean
    4 pints fresh strawberries
    1 8-inch layer white cake

Preparation:

In a sauce pan, combine 1 cup champagne, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla bean and bring to a boil. Remove vanilla bean. Mix gelatine in 1/2 cup champagne and set aside to soak. Temper egg yolks into champagne mixture and cook until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, add gelatine and stir until dissolved. Let cool until luke warm.

With electric mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into champagne mixture and mix thoroughly. To assemble: Place a thin layer of cake in bottom of cake pan. Slice strawberries in half and place the cut side against the inside rim. Fill the center of the cake with whole berries, standing up. Pour the champagne filling over the berries until covered. Chill for 3-4 hours. Un-mold and serve.

False

Cool

Were any of these what you were looking for?
    False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/ Christmas countdown banner

April Fools Day countdown banner

Thank's for the warm welcome. I really appriciate the help in finding the recipes. I will try the one given me, however, I don't think they are what I'm looking for. But, I may like them better.

Again Thanks,
    Pigon
    False