Marshmallow Cream Substitute? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Marshmallow Cream Substitute?

Last post Apr 08, 2006 1:56 PM by Abutton . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Marshmallow Cream Substitute?
    Hello, everyone! I am making a recipe for Snickers candy bars this afternoon, and it calls for 1 1/2 cups of marshmallow cream. I had an open jar in my fridge, but it only has 1 cup in it. Can I substitute marshmallows? Would it be helpful for me to post the recipe?

Thanks a bunch!
    -Audrey-
    False
  • RE: Marshmallow Cream Substitute?
    found this in google
    A recipe calls for 1 cup of miniature marshmallows. Can you substitute marshmallow cream for the miniature marshmallows? If so, what would be the equal amount of cream compared to regular miniature marshmallows?
    A. Well, if it calls for a cup of miniature marshmallows, we're going to go out on a limb and say you should use a cup of marshmallow cream (fluff). There is little difference between them. Marshmallows have gelatin and corn starch, which makes them set up stiffly. Marshmallow cream gets some of its body from egg whites. But unless your dish is meant to have little chunks of marshmallow here and there, we don't see any reason why you can't make the substitution.

False
    And this answer
    Marshmallow creme
    (1 jar) Melt 16 ounces of
    marshmallows and 3-1/2 Tbsp. corn syrup in a double boiler
    False
    Thanks so much, enjoynature_PA!! I'll try using marshmallows, and I'm sure it will turn out great!!

-Audrey-
    False