Ham: Glazed or Unglazed | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Ham: Glazed or Unglazed

Last post Apr 13, 2006 8:52 AM by NavyGrammyTX . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Ham: Glazed or Unglazed
    We prefer no glaze on our ham.

If it's not to windy, I'll wrap them up in foil and put them on the grill and let them cook outside.

How do you prefer your hams, with or without a glaze.
    False
  • RE: Ham: Glazed or Unglazed
    I think all the glazes I've seen are too sweet. The package you get with the hams are waaay too sweet, and the Honeybaked clone recipe is overly sweet. I might try a non-sweet glaze, but I just bake the ham slowly and eat it that way. I also like to grill my ham and love the smoky flavor.
    False
    Without.

I'm not much of a sweets eater.

Carol
    False

Carol

Yes we glaze but its only slightly sweet.
    False
    I prefer to put pineapple slices, cherries and whole cloves on our ham. Once in awhile, I'll make a pineapple glaze, which isn't really too sweet.

Nancy
    False
    Unglazed.
    False
    I'll glaze my ham since I like the combination of citrusy sweetness and smoky ham. I have copied several glaze recipes and haven't decided yet which to use. I may end up using orange juice, pineapple juice and brown sugar (or maybe honey) as usual.

I bought a Cook's spiral cut butt ham. I'm thinking I may cook it in the oven on a rack over water with some liquid smoke in it (covering the whole thing with foil), then glaze the last 30 minutes or so.

I've been eye-balling the Bourbon Glaze too. Just can't keep back this urge to experiment! LOL
    False