How many ounces of chicken in a cup? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How many ounces of chicken in a cup?

Last post Apr 25, 2006 1:02 PM by Flindy . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • How many ounces of chicken in a cup?
    I'm sure someone knows this. I want to get an accurate nutritional analysis for a recipe and need the ounces. Thanks. -Linda
    False

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book." ~Author Unknown

• RE: How many ounces of chicken in a cup?
    8 ounces = 1 cup - but I'm not sure whether you are talking raw chicken and dicing it up - or cooked chicken and measuring it out - or just weighing it.
    Weight measures can be different from the liquid/dry measurements. That's why the chefs use the scales to measure many things. I would probably just consider it as the same, though. I'm sure you will get some answers and there may be an answer on a "chicken" web site - or just enter Meaasurement equivalents on google.

Tria
    False
    Tria
    I have a chicken recipe that calls for 2 cups cooked, diced chicken or 10 oz, so I would go with 5 oz. for 1 C. Now, I'm not sure if that's completely accurate, or they write for a simple substitution of canned chicken?? I don't know, but that's how it is written....

Amy
    False

FROM FOOD WEIGHT AND EQUIVALENTS
    Found in FOOD FOR FIFTY

Chicken, ready to cook
    - 4 1/2 lbs = 1 quart cook & diced

Chicken cooked & cubed = 1 lb

Hope you find this helpful
    False
    Herer is the other half

1 lb = 3 cups of cooked cubed chicken
    False
    Thanks to all three of you. Looks like about 5 oz. in a cup. I'll go with that till I fix this and then will weigh to double check.
    -Linda
    False

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book." ~Author Unknown