Need to reheat a whole cooked turkey breast | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need to reheat a whole cooked turkey breast

Last post Apr 25, 2006 12:23 PM by Roselle . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Need to reheat a whole cooked turkey breast
    How do I do it without it getting all dried out?
    I cooked one this weekend we ended up not eating a bite. Now I want to heat it for dinner tonite.
    Any help?

Gail
    False
  • RE: Need to reheat a whole cooked turkey breast
    Do you have a crock pot? An hour or two on low(more or less depending on your pot) does a nice job and won't dry it out.

:)
    deb
    False
    I vote also for the crock pot. Or put some chicken broth in a roasting pan and put the bird in . Tightly cover and cook it on very low.
    False
    I actually cooked it in a crockpot and that is where it remains. But it is in the frig!
    I'll just have DH start it up when he gets home and it'll be ready by dinner time.
    Thanks!

Gail
    False
    I wrap mine in foil and heat it in a slow oven - not over 300 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Use a lower temp. and heat longer. Wrap it tightly in foil - and put it in a baking pan - just in case something "oozes" out.

I even do frozen cooked turkey breasts - or whole roasted chickens - that way - taking longer to heat, of course.

Tria
    False
    Tria
    If you slice it first, it will reheat much faster. Put some broth in the bottom of a pan, add your sliced turkey, cover tightly with foil, and pop into a medium oven for 20-30 minutes.

Or, if you're only feeding a couple of people, why heat up the entire breast? Just slice off what you need, put on your individual dinner plates, covered with saran or press 'n seal, and sap for a minute or 2.
    False