Breakfast Pizza with Sausage Gravy as sauce | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Breakfast Pizza with Sausage Gravy as sauce

Last post Oct 18, 2012 7:18 PM by caldwell1932 . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Breakfast Pizza with Sausage Gravy as sauce
    I was on this BB last Thursday and promised to search for a breakfast pizza recipe as soon as I got home from work. Time got away from me and I was not able to honor that promise until now. Hopefully, it is not too late! We really like this variation of a recipe by Laurie @ Recipezaar.

Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza

1 prebaked 12" pizza crust (Boboli)
    1 (2 1/2 oz.) pkg. country gravy mix
    1 cup milk
    1 cup water
    1 cup browned breakfast sausage, crumbled
    1 cup diced ham
    1 cup bacon, cooked & crumbled
    1/2 cup milk
    2 Tbl. margarine
    8 eggs
    1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400º. In saucepan add water and milk; whisk in gravy mix and bring to a boil. Simmer 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened. Cool slightly. In large skillet, melt margarine; beat eggs with milk and add to skillet. Scramble eggs in skillet until set. Place pizza crust on pizza stone or pizza pan; spread gravy evenly over the top. Layer with meats, then eggs. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over eggs. Bake at 400º for 10 - 15 minutes until bubbly and cheese begins to brown. Cool slightly and cut into wedges.
    False
  • RE: Breakfast Pizza with Sausage Gravy as sauce
    This sounds good,,,is it?

Thanks!
    False
    Thanks, Baker! sounds nummy!

♥Marcia
    False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/ Christmas countdown banner

April Fools Day countdown banner

I would have used this recipe for our family get-together breakfast had I had it last Saturday morning. Oh, shoot! Now I'll have to have them all over again on Saturday morning to try this out! Whoopee!
    False
    Has anyone tried this? Just would like a review. It does sound real good tho.
    False
    YUMMY !!!!

I am not a big meat eater, but I'd sure try this using just the sausage !!!

I am SURE DH would like it with all 3 meats

I wonder how it would be with a crescent roll crust????

So many ways to try this one !

Thanks...

:)
    False
    All of the goose hunters that I served it to scarfed it up! I really liked it too! What's not to like? You have all your major fat groups! :) Jan
    False
  • Re: Breakfast Pizza with Sausage Gravy as sauce

This is great for those of you who were asking.  I made some changes when I tried though. 

I made my own dough the night before (made greek pizza and had left overs)

Also made my own gravy for those of you who want to know how I make sausage gravy here is the quick and dirty. 

3tblsp butter (real butter) 1/4 to 1/2 lb of sausage fried in a skillet add two or three cloves of garlic and one small white onion (about 3/4 cup) when good and cooked add one cup water and bring to simmer.  mix 1/4 cup of flour to 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup of milk and add to skillet with your prefurred stirring utinsil mix vigorously while increaseing the heat slowly untill mixture is thick enough to use for sause. 

we used different toppings like sliced baby ports and and yes of course bacon.  and we add a little cream cheese to our scrambled eggs about 1tbls to 4 eggs or so.  but excellent job baker12 and thanks for the ideas.

False
  • Re: Breakfast Pizza with Sausage Gravy as sauce
    I made this using grands biscuits rolled out & baked 1st. Made my own gravy and did the rest as listed. YUM YUM! My hubby had the idea to freeze them prior to baking, flat on a baking sheet. Once hard I wrapped them in plastic, now he can take one out and reheat in the toaster oven in the morning.
    False