leftover blueberry pie filling- any suggestions? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

leftover blueberry pie filling- any suggestions?

Last post Feb 06, 2004 2:21 PM by Tanna . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • leftover blueberry pie filling- any suggestions?
    I have half a can of blueberry pie filling leftover, I thought about making some sort of turnover or something with it for breakfast tomorrow. I don't have a recipe for turnovers though, or do you have any other suggestions?
    Thanks
    Tina
    False
  • RE: leftover blueberry pie filling- any suggestions?
    hijasmom,

heat it and it it with ice cream or vanilla pudding. Roll out puff pastry and fill it and roll it up like a strudel. bake and sprinkle with icing sugar.

Turnover recipe

2 cups self-raising flour
    1 tbsp sugar
    1 cup milk
    2 oz butter

sift flour in a biwl, rub in butter, stir enough milk to mik a soft sticky dough. turn dough onto a floured surface, knead until smooth. roll dough into a oval shape, spred filling; place over half the dough lengthwise, sprinkle with sugar, fold dough over lengthwise to cover, tranfer to a grease baking seet, shape dough into ovsl, cut diagonal slashes brush a little milk, bake at a ver hot oven about 1-20 min.
    False
    You are welcome to visit my blog...http://cherryblossomtable.blogspot.com/
    how big was the can? in other words, how many cups do you have left?
    False
    Probably 1 cup left, or half of a 16 oz can.

Maybe a little more.
    Tina
    False
    do you have any refrigerated biscuits like pillsbury? You can take each circle, flatten it with your rolling pin, spoon a little bit of the pie filling in the middle, fold over and seal with a fork like a turnover and then brush the top with melted butter and then sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar. Bake according to biscuit can. My kids love these and I always do that if I have pie filling leftover.
    False
    For a quick dessert, I buy those small sponge cake tarts (can't think of their name right now) and put the left over pie filling in those then top with cool whip.
    False
    Puree the pie filling and top pancakes or waffles with it. Toast would be great with it too.
    False
    Brenda Sinclair
    Serve over cottage cheese perogies with cream gravy.
    False