I ACCIDENTALLY LEFT MEAT OUT OVERNIGHT.... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

I ACCIDENTALLY LEFT MEAT OUT OVERNIGHT....

Last post Jul 01, 2006 12:59 PM by hilsenflat . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • I ACCIDENTALLY LEFT MEAT OUT OVERNIGHT....
    This was by accident. I worked a long shift yesterday and I was tired when I came home yesterday evening. I also had some other things I needed to take care of yesterday evening before I turned in for the night. As a result, I forgot about putting it away. One of the items is precooked, they're hot dogs. The other is ground beef. They weren't exposed to any extreme temperatures, because the bag was just sitting on one of the chairs surronding the kitchen table....

I just realized this morning I forgot to put them in the fridge. So, I stuck them in the refrigerator....

False
  • RE: I ACCIDENTALLY LEFT MEAT OUT OVERNIGHT....
    I wouldn't take the chance using them. Overnight is quite a long time. "Better safe than sorry." You wouldn't want to take the chance of you, family, or guests getting food poisoning.

I'm sorry this has happened to you just before the long holiday weekend. I've had a couple of similar experiences over the years, as have my DD's, and it is very frustrating.

Hope the rest of your weekend turns out just fine.

Dottie
    False
    Through it all out. Food poisoning is not worth the cost of the food.
    chefly
    False
    throw it out......
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

I agree, toss it. I have done that before, by accidently leaving a bag in the car when I brought in groceries. It's a pain, but better to replace it than risk food poisoning.
    False
    When in doubt, throw it out.
    It's not worth the chance of food poisining.
    False

I did this once when taking a roast out for the next day, I am so sorry to say but you really shouldn't eat the meat.
    False
    Amy
    Hot dogs will be fine, they are precooked. I don't think I'd take the chance on the raw hamburger. What a shame I've done that too and was so mad at myself. It's bad enough to have to spend the money on food the first time around.
    Dena
    False
    Gee whiz, I meant to say throw it out.
    chefly
    False
    Eww. Don't!
    False
    Get rid of it.
    False
    the cost of some hotdogs and hamburger isnt worth how it feels to be sick from eating something that has gone bad. trust me!
    Karla
    False
    Karla
    I've done it before too and it is really aggravating, but I have to chime in with everybody else -- it's not worth the risk. Throw it out!
    False
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has done this! SO doggone exasperating at the time, but there is really no choice but to throw the meat. I know it's a waste, but why gamble when your odds are so bad that you'd get sick? Over the decades, I've had to toss the rest of the Easter ham (the next morning when I found it still staying warm on LOW), the biggest size Simeks frozen lasagne in the car trunk, occasional meat/dairy products overlooked if I was too tired or harried when unpacking the grocery sacks and thought I was only leaving the canned goods, crackers, etc. for tomorrow. HAVE A HAPPY 4TH WEEKEND and NO FOOD DISCOMFORT (just maybe a little guilty conscience for the lost dollar value).
    False