ISO: recipes for Monkey Bread using canned biscuits or frozen dough | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: recipes for Monkey Bread using canned biscuits or frozen dough

Last post Feb 18, 2009 4:02 AM by Alliea . 28 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 12
  • ISO: recipes for Monkey Bread using canned biscuits or frozen dough
    thanks! Cali
    False
  • RE: ISO: recipes for Monkey Bread using canned biscuits or frozen dough
    I posted this a while back:

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=425362&searchrep=5916301#search

Take some bread dough (I use the frozen loaves) and let 1 loaf thaw and rise. Then grease a bunt pan with crisco shortening. Have a bowl of melted butter/margarine (1 stick) and a bowl of cinnamon and sugar. Make the cinnamon sugar the proportions you like. We don't like strong cinnamon, it gives us heartburn. So we are light with it. Pinch off about golf ball size chunks of dough, roll it in the butter then in the cinnamon sugar, make sure it's nice and coated. then arrange in the bunt pan. Only fill about 2/3 full. After you have filled it, drizzle the remaining butter over it and sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar. Let it rise a little more. Don't worry about filling the cracks, they will all come together as you let it rise. I usually let it rise to about the top of the pan. Bake at about 350 for around 30-35 minutes or until nice and brown, but not too brown. Once out of the oven immediatly invert onto a plate (preferable one with a lip because there will be delicious goo hehe) This has a doughy texture, so if you don't like doughy, stay away. It isn't raw, it's just the butter.

Now is the fun. When I was little we use to all sit around the table and have the cake on a lazy susan and pull of bubbles and eat. Rule was though, you couldn't just take the bottom gooey pieces. hehe Now I slice it like cake and eat it with a fork (most of the time hehehe)
    False
    Here's a Monkey Bread Recipe using the canned biscuits.
    4 tubes buttermilk biscuits, cut into
    quarters.
    Coat pieces of dough with mixture of
    1 cup sugar
    2 tsp cinnamon

Place pieces in teflon bundt pan.

In sauce pan, melt:
    2 sticks margerine,
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 tsp cinnamon
    Bring to a boil, then pour over coated biscuits.
    Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, then turn out on dish immediately.
    Aldi's or store brand biscuits work fine.
    False
    Barb

Monkey Bread

1/2 cup sugar
    1 tsp cinnamon
    3 cans refrigerated biscuits (not flaky)
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 cup butter, melted
    1 cup chopped pecans
    1/2 cup raisins

Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
    Seperate dough and cut each biscuit into quarters.
    Add brown sugar to melted butter and stir until sugar is dissolved.
    Roll dough in cinnamon/sugar mixture. Layer dough in Bundt pan that has been sprayed with Pam, sprinkle each layer with nuts and raisins, and drizzle butter/brown sugar mixture over each layer. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes then turn onto plate.
    False
    thanks so much!!!! Cali
    False
    This recipe is made using Rhoades Frozen White Dinner Rolls:

Pull Aparts (Monkey Bread)

24 Rhodes White Dinner Rolls
    2/3 cup Brown sugar
    2 tsp Cinnamon
    1/2 cup Butter or margarine, melted
    1/2 cup Pecans, chopped

Thaw rolls until soft (about 1 hour at room temperature). Cut each roll in half. In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts together. Dip roll halves in butter then roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture until thoroughly coated. Arrange in bundt pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size (2-3 hours). Remove wrap. Bake at 350 F for 30 to 35 minutes. Cover with foil the last 15 minutes of baking. Immediately after removing from the oven, carefully release edges and center tube with a knife. Invert onto a serving plate.

http://www.rhodesbread.com:70/fmpro?-db=recipe&-lay=main&-format=consumer/recipeviewia.html&-recid=32805&-find
    False

Cool

Pepperoni-Cheese Monkey Bread
    2 loaves frozen bread
    1/2 pound pepperoni
    1/3 cup margarine, melted
    1 pound mozzarella cheese, cubed

Defrost bread (not necessary to let bread rise, but it doesn't matter if you let it).

Cut each loaf into 60 pieces. Cut cheese and pepperoni into 120 pieces each. Spread out dough with your fingers and place 1 piece of cheese and 1 piece of pepperoni inside. Close dough tightly so cheese will not melt out. Dip in bowl of melted margarine and drop into a Bundt or angel food pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes or until dough looks golden brown.
    False

Cool

Cinnamon Graham Monkey Bread

1 loaf Bridgford Frozen Bread Dough, White or Honey Wheat, thawed
    OR
    16 Bridgford Parkerhouse Rolls, thawed
    OR
    10 Bridgford White Rolls, thawed
    1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
    1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
    2 teaspoons cinnamon
    Lightly grease a 9x5* inch loaf pan. Divide thawed loaf of Bridgford Frozen Bread Dough into 16 equal pieces. If using rolls, there is no ned to divide dough. In a small bowl, combine suagr, cracker crumbs, nuts and cinnamon. Set aside. Dip each piece of dough in melted butter and then roll in sugar mixture. Make sure that the dough is coated generously with sugar mixture. Place each piece of dough evenly in pan in a single layer. Let the dough rise until double in size or until the dough has risen to just under the top rim of the pan. Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 20 minutes. The bread should be well browned and sound hollow when tapped on top. Remove from oven and let loaf cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and serve.
    * This 9x5 inch pan size is the larger of the loaf pans available.

Servings: 12 Amount per serving: • Calories: 200 • Fat: 7g • Sat Fat: 2.5g • Total Sodium: 230mg
    http://www.bridgford.com/consumer/recipes/rmtheme.asp?id=bfdhol17
    False

Cool

Cinnamon Orange Monkey Bread

Ingredients:

1 package of Bridgford Parkerhouse or White Roll Dough, thawed*
    1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    Zest of one orange (grate outer skin of the orange peel)
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1-2 tablespoons orange juice
    1/4 cup chocolate syrup

Lightly grease a 10-12 cup fluted bundt cake pan. If using Bridgford White rolls, cut each roll into 2 pieces. Using a little flour on fingers, shape each piece of dough into a ball. Set aside. Mix together sugar and orange zest. Dip dough pieces in melted butter and roll in sugar mixture. Place coated dough pieces evenly in prepared pan. Let dough rise until double in size. Bake on center rack in a preheated 350º oven for 30-40 min., or until golden brown. Remove from oven and invert out of pan onto serving platter (syrup will be hot). Mix powdered sugar and orange juice together and drizzle over hot bread. When cooled drizzle with chocolate syrup.

*Can substitute with 11/2 thawed loaves Bridgford Frozen Bread Dough cut into 24 equal size pieces.
    Servings: 12 slices

http://www.bridgford.com/consumer/recipes/rmother.asp?id=bfc0511
    False

Cool

Onion monkey bread
    Categories: Breadmaker Breads Sent to tnt
    Yield: 1 Servings
    1 Loaf frozen bread dough; defrosted
    ½ pk Onion soup mix
    ½ c Butter; melted

Mix the soup mix with the melted butter. Divide the bread dough into 12 balls. Roll each ball in the butter mixture and put into a buttered Bundt pan. In a warm place, let rise to fill the pan. Bake in a preheated 350 deg. oven for 25 minutes NOTES : I would make a loaf of white bread dough in my breadmaker Recipe by: Mom Posted to TNT Recipes Digest by JoAnn on Mar 24, 1998
    False

Cool

Chocolate Filled Monkey Bread

If you need a quick, tasty bread for brunch that’s easy to prepare, try this 1st Place winning recipe from Brenda Brooks of Greenbelt, MD. Start with thawed dinner rolls, add NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels to the center of each roll and dip in melted butter and sugar. Place in prepared Bundt pan and bake. Enjoy drizzled with Chocolate Flavor NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Syrup!

Estimated Times:
    Preparation - 1 hrs | Cooking - 30 min | Cooling Time - 20 min cooling | Yields - 18 servings

Ingredients:

18 frozen white dinner rolls, thawed
    1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
    1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
    1/2 cup butterscotch sauce (optional)
    1/4 cup Chocolate Flavor NESTLÉ NESQUIK Syrup, (optional)

Directions:
    GREASE 12-inch Bundt pan.

CUT each roll in half. Press each half into 3-inch circle. Place 10 or 11 morsels in center of dough circle, shaping dough into a ball around morsels. Pinch dough to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and morsels. Dip each in melted butter and roll in sugar. Arrange dough balls in prepared pan; seam sides up. Cover; let rise in warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.

PREHEAT oven to 350° F.

BAKE for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Loosen sides and invert onto serving platter. Drizzle with butterscotch sauce and Nesquik. Serve warm.

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=130545

False

Cool

Monkey Bread

Amanda Gruden, Battle Creek, Flight Instructor at Western Michigan University, year 2000 WMU graduate. Amanda and Michelle Glisan were Mary’s & Gloria’s Baby Birds in ARC 2003. Amanda has wanted to fly “as long as I can remember.”

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees

2 loaves of frozen dough, thawed

½ cup of brown sugar

1 cup of white sugar

1 T. cinnamon

1 stick butter

Roll dough into little balls about 1” thick. Set aside. Combine sugars and cinnamon in bowl. Set aside. Melt butter. Take each dough ball and dip into butter then into sugars. Place in bundt pan. Continue until pan is half full, remembering dough will rise. Sprinkle remaining ingredients on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until done. Let cool 10 minutes. Take big plate and turn pan upside down to release and serve.
    False

Cool

Monkey Bread
    Quick and Easy
    Ingredients:

24 frozen dinner rolls dough (do not thaw)
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 4-serving size instant butterscotch pudding mix
    1/4 cup white sugar
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts (you can substitute raisins if you'd like)
    1/2 cup melted butter

Directions:

The night or several hours before, grease and flour a tube or Bundt
    pan. Mix brown sugar and pudding mix together. Mix white sugar and
    cinnamon together. Place frozen rolls in pan a layer at a time. Sprinkle
    brown sugar and pudding mix over first layer of rolls. Sprinkle sugar
    and cinnamon mixture over the brown sguar and pudding mixture.
    Spread half the nuts and melted butter over first layer. Repeat with the
    next layer.

Place on counter overnight. Do not cover. The next morning, bake in a
    preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes and bread is golden
    brown. Let stand a few minutes and turn pan over onto serving platter.
    http://myweb.cableone.net/howle
    False

Cool

Posted by: Tink___OH Replies: 10 Posted on: 2/10/2006 8:55:30 AM
    #T635936
    These are like the best tasting and EASIEST recipe for sticky buns ever!!! Have any of you ever tried anything like this?? You make them the night before and let them sit in your oven overnight then when you get up in the morning....turn on your cold oven to bake them and I swear you will think you have died and gone to heaven. So, thinking everyone deserves their own little piece of heaven...I thought I'd share the recipe...and I think youll be glad that I did. Ill put a * by my notes~

Tink!

-14-22 frozen Rhodes dinner rolls
    *I used 20, this totally depends on the size of your bundt pan, I think mine is 12 cup and it worked well with 20
    -1 stick butter
    -1/2 cup brown sugar (Not packed)
    -1 cup pecans (you could use walnuts)
    *I used half the amount of pecans and did half the cake nut-free since the men folk don’t like them in my house
    -1 box (small) cook & serve butterscotch pudding

Melt butter on stove, add brown sugar and dissolve totally till its no longer "Gritty" then add the pudding and dissolve that as well....cook for about 2 minutes being careful not to burn.*i make sure that my butter mixes well with the sugar mixture and its not separated. Place half of the nuts on the bottom of the bundt pan, place even "layers" of the FROZEN rolls in the pan. After the butter mixture is well dissolved and incorporated, pour other half of nuts into mixture. Then pour the butter/sugar mixture over the rolls evenly coating. *I placed my bundt pan on a foil lined baking sheet in case of any "leakage" which there is none for me, but my cousins does. Close the COLD oven door and let sit for 10-12 hours. *At least 10 but no more than 12. Turn cold oven on to 350º and bake for 30-40 minutes. *Mine are perfect at exactly 30 minutes. Let sit in pan 1-2 minutes, then invert on plate for another 1-2 minutes, lift pan and Enjoy your own little piece of Heaven!
    False
    Always treat people they way you want to be treated. ~Tink~
    Apple Praline Monkey Bread
    1/3 cup butter or margarine
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
    2 (11.3 ounce) packages refrigerated dinner rolls
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 medium Granny Smith apple

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Microwave butter on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar; pour mixture into bottom of a Bundt or fluted pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle half of pecans over brown sugar mixture.

Slice dinner rolls in half crosswise.
    False

Cool