Reheating grilled steak?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Reheating grilled steak??

Last post Jul 14, 2006 9:13 PM by youngnavywife . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Reheating grilled steak??
    What is the best way to do this? Or does anyone have a good recipe that uses grilled steak. TIA Jennie
    False
  • RE: Reheating grilled steak??

Put the steak in a microwave safe dish. Add a little BBQ sauce or Italian dressing. Warm turning once. (Do not overcook, or it will be tough.) This is great with a baked potato, salad, fruit, etc.

Cut in small chunks and use for beef stroganoff.

LEFTOVER STEAK OR ROAST BEEF --- STROGANOFF

Leftover beef roast, chopped fine
    1 medium onion, chopped
    2 to 3 stalks celery, chopped
    leftover gravy (if available)
    1 - 4 ounce can mushrooms, drained
    1 can mushroom soup
    1 cup sour cream

Saute onion and celery. Add roast beef, leftover gravy, mushrooms. and mushroom soup. Simmer 10 to 20 minutes. Add sour cream just before serving. Serve over noodles or rice.

False

This is how I reheat it; my brother who is a caterer told me about this. Simply put the steak in a skillet with enough water to almost cover it; heat until the steak is hot in the center. Does not taste left over and is super.
    False
    I don't like microwaved beef....so I always cut it up in bite size pieces, and place it in a shallow skillet with melted butter and a little bit of water...add some salt and pepper if you like. This warms it up with it's original flavor in tact! Try it---it works great!
    False
    slice it really thin and reheat it in the microwave and put in soft taco shells and the fixin's for mexican fajitas.
    False
    I put it in a cast iron skillet and add about 1/2 can beef broth (Campbells). Simmer until heated through. It makes a good French dip type sandwich.
    False
    Click for Red House, West Virginia Forecast Bailey
    I use dreamwhip's method too. A caterer friend we know uses this method to precook and keep grilled burgers for a crowd. They are wonderful.
    False
    Thanks everyone. I always have left over steak after our cookouts. Maybe these tips will ensure better tasting left overs next time it happens. Jennie
    False