Ideas for leftover sausage patties... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Ideas for leftover sausage patties...

Last post Jul 27, 2006 1:15 PM by soccermomx2 . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Ideas for leftover sausage patties...
    Does anyone know what I can do with leftover sausage patties? I have quite a few I cooked and we didn't eat. Thanks!

Jill
    False
  • RE: Ideas for leftover sausage patties...
    Saute up some onions, peppers & garlic add some chopped tomatoes & maybe a small can of tomato sauce...add crumbled sausage patties & serve over pasta~!
    False
    I chop mine up and put in a freezer bag. Makes a quick topping for pizza or adds a little zing to spaghetti.
    False
    Chop them to use for pizza topping or to stir in to scrambled eggs or as a filling for a breakfast burrito.
    False
    I add crumbled sausage to my chili, it adds fabulous flavor, just crumble the patties and freeze until you're ready to make it.

Also, you can make breakfast burritos, crumble up and use later to make sausage gravy and serve over biscuits. Another thing I do is make extra sausage patties and biscuits and put a sausage pattie between the biscuit layers. Then freeze. Pull out one at a time for breakfast on busy mornings.

Amy P from TN
    False
    Great ideas! Thanks! Don't know why I didn't think of crumbling them and freezing them.

Jill
    False
    bake some biscuits and let them cool and make sausage (cheese) biscuits and wrap singly for the freezer.
    False
    Amy
    add them to a bag of frozen hashbrowns, add some eggs, mild, onion, peppers or your choice, top with cheese and bake for a breakfast pie.
    False