Recipe: Turkey & Dressing Sandwiches | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipe: Turkey & Dressing Sandwiches

Last post Jul 30, 2006 8:54 PM by avidcookGA . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Recipe: Turkey & Dressing Sandwiches
    I had these last night at my MIL b-day party! It's like Thanksgiving dinner in a sandwich. Awesome!

1 10-12lb. turkey
    turkey roasting bag
    Cook turkey according to directions on roasting bag.....reserve all juice, remove all meat from the bones, and shred. (Can be done well in advance and frozen.)

Stuffing Mix
    2 bags Brownberry Onion and Sage dressing mix
    1 stick margarine
    2 medium onions, chopped fine
    2 stalks celery, chopped fine
    1 tsp. pepper
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 48 oz can chicken broth
    reserved turkey juice
    shredded turkey

Over med heat melt margarine, add celery and onion, cook until onions are translucent. Add chicken broth and turkey juice. Add stuffig mix. Add shredded turkey and mix well. Keep warm, covered in slow oven until serving time. Mixture should be sticky. Add more chicken broth if it becomes dry. Serve hot on buttered buns. Makes enought for 50-75 sandwiches, depending on the bun size....and can be frozen and reheated later.

Enjoy!

Shannon
    False
  • RE: Recipe: Turkey & Dressing Sandwiches
    Sounds great Shannon, thank-you very much. The way this year is going Thanksgiving will be here in no time.
    Jill
    False
    My kids would love this! On Thanksgiving they make sandwiches of turkey, dressing ,and cranberry sauce
    False
    I love that you can do this and keep it warm in the crock pot. How easy to feed a bunch of hungry people. I had a "turkey and dressing" wrap several years ago and thought it was fantastic. I think is was leftover Thanksgiving turkey with leftover dressing and leftover cranberry sauce spread on a flour tortilla and rolled up with the gravy as the dipping sauce. Wonderful! Thanks for this one - it's a keeper. CJ
    False
    Turkey and dressing are my favorite foods!

Amy P from TN
    False
    Leroux - I do the same thing,make sandwiches with turkey, dressing, and cranberry sauce. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving night without it!
    False